How Would You Save TNA/GFW???

TheStruggle

Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
According to Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated, Global Force Wrestling, under Anthem Media’s ownership, has been “hemorrhaging funds” and that “sources close to the situation have confirmed that Anthem is ready to withdraw itself from the wrestling industry and sell GFW.” There were several cutbacks at the last TV tapings, with a number of talents not brought in and others only used for certain tapings before being flown home, instead of staying for the entire run of tapings.

Anthem has had to catch the company up and get it out of several legal issues since buying the company, including the Billy Corgan situation and a lawsuit brought against the company by its former production company, Virginia’s Audience of One Productions. The ownership came with Impact deeply in debt.

Along with that has been the public battle with the Hardys over the Broken Universe, the suspension of then-reigning GFW champion Alberto el Patron and yesterday’s issueswith Jeff Jarrett.

Prior to Anthem acquiring the company, Sinclair Broadcasting, WWE, and Billy Corgan all had interest in the company. The site adds that Jarrett still owns the name of “Global Force Wrestling”, so Anthem would be selling “Impact Wrestling”.

How would you save this company, or let it die?

Only a masochist would try to save it

Take it out behind the shed and put it out of its misery.

Or just become another indie fed bingo hall and stop trying to compete with WWE, ROH etc in America.

Sign The :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:taker

15043770_804663943007364_5282668276382433280_n.jpg

I would bring Hogan and Bischoff in to run things. Compete head to head with Raw on monday nights. Employ The Nasty Boys and Brooke. I think that would work well.

25458.jpg

The Impact shows when the Hardys were still there, with Broken Matt, were decent enough. They were more wrestling oriented.

Even after the GFW merger/whatever it was, they were still decent.

Is it worth saving? Not with the terrible financial situation they are in. I think the talent is pretty good, so they should be able to find work elsewhere.

If Vince bought them, he's skim the cream and kill the company. He'd make some profit on video rights.

Rehire billy corgan.

Rehire the Harry boyz

Let them go nuts

I would bring Hogan and Bischoff in to run things. Compete head to head with Raw on monday nights. Employ The Nasty Boys and Brooke. I think that would work well.

25458.jpg

I didn't know Dixie Carter posted on Sherdog

Smart answer is to let it die. Sucks because it's been watchable lately and they have real talent on their brand that'll be scrambling to get spots on other small feds. RoH could certainly use them but they're primed to be bought by Vince now anyways.

They should have closed up shop after their house show blunder.

I am so confused on this. I thought gfw was made to compete with Impact wrestling. also, it was partially owned by wwe? I missed that. and jarrett started an org and is now out of it, but still kind of in it? isn't that what he did with impact wrestling too?

I wouldn't. I actually want some of that shit on the WWE Network

Even when they had a good roster they put out a shit product, Joe and Styles were in the midcard. Now their product looks cheap and they have a battle royal or tournament way too often for the main championship which gets passed around like it's nothing.

They need to build up some guys and put on good matches, they had some of the most random guys put on killer X division matches back in the day and simply get built up by an impressive showing in those. Put a guy like Johnny Impact in ladder matches, they aren't going to get attention with story lines, only good entertaining wrestling that's also fun. They have no how to run a company though so I think it's done soon.

Meltzer pointed out something important recently: Even when they were doing 1.2 million viewers a week, the fans weren't buying shit. The PPV numbers were lower than their TV numbers are now (250-300K.) The merch sales were low, too.

Their streaming stuff (which I was unaware of) has Crash, AAA, and some Japanese (?) content. If they could put that together with some quality UK stuff it could be like a global co-op, supporting a lagging product with the more lucrative ones so that they can grow and contribute later.

25458.jpg
We laugh now but January 4, 2010 was awesome at the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back