How would you genuinely score Ponzi vs Platinum Mike Perry under Pride rules?

20falarVerdades

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I've given it a bit of thought, and concluded that scoring it for Mike Perry is the most sensible choice. Here's why:

- Mike Perry was the fighter who dealt the most damage, Ponzi's face was busted up

- Timidity. Ponzi's lack of aggression, and killer instinct would have made him look bad to Japanese judges. Not only that but he would constantly run away and avoid trading with Mike Perry.

- Ponzi attempted to score points on Lay and pray, this is also frowned upon under Pride rules and would most likely have cost him in the fight. Meanwhile, Perry was the aggressor and even attempted a kneebar

Your hero lost. Move on.

Last edited:
2-570x300.png

Perry would have gassed all the way out under PRIDE rules.

Mike Perry lost the second and third rounds with Perry maybe edging him out in the 1st I mean it is what it is

Ponzi won.

Any scoring system except decision equals draw.

Double Yellows and a point taken away for the eye poke and running away from the fight. Unanimous decision Perry for the damage to that face. PRIDE Rules.

Perry would have been TKOd in the first round or submitted in the second. Missing shots, gassing, and then being put on your ass by a backfist doesn’t win you a fight. Ponzi triggers everyone for some reason.

Perry easily wins under Pride rules, but also should have won under UFC scoring...Perry was simply the victim of poor judging, oh well, he'll be back soon...

I enjoy watching Mike fight and his goofy antics but I can't think of a single set of rules where he wins that fight. Perry landed some big shots but the dude needs to learn to check low leg kicks and keep his head off the center line. Perry thinks he is Hendo but that style won't work at 170. Perry will be fine and he should have a lot of fun fights in front of him. I do not see him getting anywhere close to holding the belt.

Ponzi won....

Or whoever was the guy without the belly tattoo: the only way I managed to tell the bearded, mohawked tattooed dark-trunk wearing clones apart.

The one without the belly tat.

Ponzi win in all Universe.. Sorry bro.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

This. Superficial damage didn't count under Pride rules. Ponzi won every aspect of the fight INCLUDING landing the more significant and damaging shots. Perry has a hell of a chin but those multiple left hooks were harder harder then anything Perry landed, and he got knocked on his ass too.

You would think by all the people complaining about running that Ponzi and Jouban are these elusive wizards with elite footwork. In reality both those guys are brawlers like Perry, his technique is just so bad that he makes them look like Floyd Mayweather. Danny Roberts did it for 2.5 rounds too. Anyone who doesn't plant their feet and stand in front of Perry has been able to outstrike him.... and he hasn't even had to fight a good grappler yet.

Under butt hurt rules Platbum still lost......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back