How would you describe TJ Dillashaw’s fighting style?

Destino2018

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Rewatching his masterful performance against Cody(my boy btw), it’s safe to say TJ is a few steps away from being one of the GOATS of the Bantamweight division. What do you think makes him a grey fighter?

tenor.gif

Technical, nonstop, violence.

The man is a consummate professional and an entertaining fighter. I can't say enough good things about him. He has an exciting fighting style, is always striving to improve in all aspects of MMA, and has a pure growth mindset.

What truly sets TJ apart from the pack is the fact that he's a true martial artist. Similar to GSP, TJ is always in shape and is continuously learning. I have no concrete evidence, but I suspect TJ has conquered his ego.

Slitherinmanillashaw

He is the most complete mma fighter ever. Hes the only guy who has good left kick right kick right punch left punch td tdd cardio athelticism mental fortitude. He just has everything. The way he moves is so pure and its always setting soemthing up. The only thing is i csn still see cody beat him in the future. Tj sucked against dominick cruz. Cody was a beast against dominick. And cody shoulda won the first fight but he tried too hard to embarass tj like he did to cruz and it back fired.

he's the best right now
uses feints/fakes, creates angles
technical everywhere
goes for the finish

One word will suffice: dynamic.

Take a Viper splice it's DNA with Neo from The Matrix, sprinkle a lil Judas dust on it and let it bang bro.

Technical, nonstop, violence.

The man is a consummate professional and an entertaining fighter. I can't say enough good things about him. He has an exciting fighting style, is always striving to improve in all aspects of MMA, and has a pure growth mindset.

What truly sets TJ apart from the pack is the fact that he's a true martial artist. Similar to GSP, TJ is always in shape and is continuously learning. I have no concrete evidence, but I suspect TJ has conquered his ego.
ive noted before that i see a lot of gsp in him as well. not just what u said about being a true martial artist, but his preparation and strategy reminds me of gsp as well. just breaking everything down to a t, and has a master gameplan ready to execute. very high fight IQ - he WON'T get nervous or lose sight on what the gameplan is to win the fight. complete opposite of cody, who goes in there with his emotions and got ko'd twice. we saw in their first fight he nearly got stopped in the 1st - he comes out the 2nd and stops cody. totally forgot about how he almost got finished and focused on the next 4 rounds

Out of control small man rage

Back