How would UFC Heavyweights do against Angus MacAskill?

I'd take that whole anchor thing with a very large grain of salt. more likely he lifted it a bit off the ground (still superhuman) and myth and storytelling inflated it to chest height.

lightweight yeaaaa buddy

OT he would get his massive ass kicked, that's what. Giant Silva anyone?

OP should have included that from Wikipedia:
"MacAskill was well known for feats of strength such as lifting a ship's anchor weighing 2,800 pounds (1,300 kg) to chest height, and an ability to carry barrels weighing over 350 pounds (160 kg) apiece under each arm or reputedly able to lift a hundredweight (50 kg) with two fingers and hold it at arms length for ten minutes."

Take that with a grain of salt, but if we consider a healthy human at this size with normal proportions, would it be that farfetched?
"... and had the largest chest measurements of any non-obese man (80 inches, or 200 cm)."!

Lifting 2800lbs to chest level is not possible, the world record deadlift is less than half of that and Angus lived befor anabolic steroids.

Sounds accurate for his size. Strong men do farmers carry with more than that and the length of Angus arms should let him do this.

I don't know how a hunderweight is secured with two fingers but holding over 100lbs at arms length for ten minutes with arms that long is highly unlikely. One minute is plausible and still extremely impressive.

The tricky part is his height. The guy standing next to him is 6'5 and is comfortably bellow his chin. Punches at that height pack considerably lower power and I think a giant like this doesn't fall from half arsed punches.

Most of the fight he would just have to be wary of the takedown.

220px-Angus_MacAskill_in_Canada.JPG

Those two look like they're shopping for fabulous armoires.

Think our Heavyweights would be just fine.

Lifting 2800lbs to chest level is not possible, the world record deadlift is less than half of that and Angus lived befor anabolic steroids.

Sounds accurate for his size. Strong men do farmers carry with more than that and the length of Angus arms should let him do this.

I don't know how a hunderweight is secured with two fingers but holding over 100lbs at arms length for ten minutes with arms that long is highly unlikely. One minute is plausible and still extremely impressive.
You are right on one thing, these numbers are sure inflated. But what I have learned about Human anatomy is that every human has a certain potential to lift weight, and its up to the human skeleton to how much he will be able to lift. Steroids can push that potential further up, but that would be it.

Thats why this case could be not that much farfetched ( I would lower the numbers), as he has much stronger muscles, ligaments, bones etc.

For reference, look at the size of the hands, compared with Brian Shaw.
CB_12062018_not_so_big_DJ_large.jpg

Last edited:
You are right on one thing, these numbers are sure inflated. But what I have learned about Human anatomy is that every human has a certain potential to lift weight, and its up to the human exoskeleton to how much he will be able to lift. Steroids can push that potential further up, but that would be it.

Thats why this case could be not that much farfetched ( I would lower the numbers), as he has much stronger muscles, ligaments, bones etc.

The human EXOskeleton? I for one hope there are no humans walking around with a goddamn exoskeleton.

I remember how Big Nog went through Hell to finally pull a sub on Bob Sapp back when Sapp was actually trying to win fights. His BJJ was constantly being rendered useless simply because Sapp was much stronger.

You are right on one thing, these numbers are sure inflated. But what I have learned about Human anatomy is that every human has a certain potential to lift weight, and its up to the human exoskeleton to how much he will be able to lift. Steroids can push that potential further up, but that would be it.

...that's a model.

That anchor weighs as much as 2 adult polar bears(larger than grizzly bears). No way would a human be able to pull that off until we become cyborgs or enhance our DNA.

Yeah anyone who thinks any male ufc fighter couldn’t sub him is retarded. He wouldn’t beat any male ufc fighter, none

OP should have included that from Wikipedia:
"MacAskill was well known for feats of strength such as lifting a ship's anchor weighing 2,800 pounds (1,300 kg) to chest height, and an ability to carry barrels weighing over 350 pounds (160 kg) apiece under each arm or reputedly able to lift a hundredweight (50 kg) with two fingers and hold it at arms length for ten minutes."

Take that with a grain of salt, but if we consider a healthy human at this size with normal proportions, would it be that farfetched?
"... and had the largest chest measurements of any non-obese man (80 inches, or 200 cm)."!

I call bs, they were most likely gross exaggerations and made up stories. If he was that much of a strength anomaly and genetic freak he would be more well known but up until this thread Iv'e never heard of the guy

Rear naked choke, leg kicks, something. Hows he gonna beat DJ? He probably doesnt know how to throw a punch

Middleweights might pull it off but flyweights 100/100 times get squashed, literally.

I call bs, they were most likely gross exaggerations and made up stories. If he was that much of a strength anomaly and genetic freak he would be more well known but up until this thread Iv'e never heard of the guy

Well he was invited by Queen Victoria and toured through NA and Europe showing his strength feats.

Rear naked choke, leg kicks, something. Hows he gonna beat DJ? He probably doesnt know how to throw a punch

Cmon, watch Mcgregor vs Hafthor, its not even funny. He cannot even reach his head, even when he jumps.

He put a guy into a coma at 14 with 1 punch.
You cant trust word of mouth stories from the past. I heard Andre the giant used to eat 20 chickens a night but its exaggerated bs

Middleweights might pull it off but flyweights 100/100 times get squashed, literally.
Ill comprimise and say that maybe after a week or two this guy could do something, but I guarantee he doesnt have any offence that could worry dj. He’d gas in about 8 seconds and get his back taken. Hows he actually gonna win the fight? He wouldnt know any grappling or submissions and he’s not catching dj with a strike

Well he was invited by Queen Victoria and toured through NA and Europe showing his strength feats.

Cmon, watch Mcgregor vs Hafthor, its not even funny. He cannot even reach his head, even when he jumps.

Just had a look, seems there's not really much info on him and everything is only stories and can't be confirmed but he is accredited by the Guiness World Records for being the strongest man ever. Don't know how they confirmed that but whatever

Back