How would UFC Heavyweights do against Angus MacAskill?

Hows he actually gonna win the fight? He wouldnt know any grappling or submissions and he’s not catching dj with a strike

Any phisical contact with ill intent would kill DJ. He weighs more than 3 DJ put together.

I'd take that whole anchor thing with a very large grain of salt. more likely he lifted it a bit off the ground (still superhuman) and myth and storytelling inflated it to chest height.

lightweight yeaaaa buddy

OT he would get his massive ass kicked, that's what. Giant Silva anyone?
Yeah, that story seems ridiculous. Even the strongest men in the world today can't do it, and they have access to the best nutrition, training and steroids that exist. World record deadlift is 1100 lbs. And this guy lifts almost 3 times that weight to chest height. Sounds like bullshit to me.

UFC title holder for sure! Too much height & reach

Dude died at the age of 38 without the extreme pressures that would come with training and competing in MMA. His wikipedia says he had a "mild and gentle manner" Hardly a ringing endorsement for someone who should be getting into competitive fist fights. Not only would he lose badly, but he probably wouldn't make it through a camp.

I remember how Big Nog went through Hell to finally pull a sub on Bob Sapp back when Sapp was actually trying to win fights. His BJJ was constantly being rendered useless simply because Sapp was much stronger.
There are limits to eveything and that includes leverage advantage. Take a woman's lightweight bjj ace, a true.great, even. She couldn't sub Brian Schaw in any scenario. Angus was no ordinary giant. He was likely as gifted a strength athlete as many of our modern champs, but at twice their size. Imagine if Bill Kazmier or Paul Anderson were 7'9". Angus was possible that type of strong. With modern technology and training, he could have weighed a rock hard 650 to 700. Maybe even more. At that size, I'd give him a real good shot at Nog etc.

Last edited:
The difference between him and Angus Macaskill is, that Hong Man Choi reached that size due to a disorder - it was a handicap
Angus on the other hand seemed to be a very tall human with a good proportioned skeleton according to reports.
He was in robust health till his last few years. He suffered a serious injury lifting that anchor. He was in no way debilitated. Just had a back injury that was untreatable with the technology of the day. Why he died is really ambiguous at best, but he was in fine health for most of his years and was freakishly strong from his teen years on, starting from having knocked out a full-grown bully with a single punch. If fact, the bully was for ten minutes it was feared that he was dead. There have been manye giants in modern history, Angus is the largest healthy, non-gigantism afflicted giant. No other giant has as many reported feats of strength as Angus. Not even close. Sure all the stories inflated over time. That's human nature. That doesn't mean he was not fantastically strong. Some experts even consider him the man ever.

Back