How would MMA change if literally everything was allowed?

If eye gouges were allowed there would be a lot of blindness. Also, the sport would be banned.

lot more KO's from soccerkicks and knees to the head of a grounded opponent.

knees from side control or north-south position could be devestating

head butts from top mount or even in guard.

I don't mean wearing a gi. What I'm thinking of is as close to real life as possible. So not even wearing a cup.

In "real fighting" they wear clothes so why not wear a gi?

Watch the early UFCs. Groin strikes, headbutts, fish hooking all there except eye gouging.
The fighting was bloody and exhausting. Point fighting would go away. It wouldn't be a "sport " anymore and real athletes would stay away from it.

I've always wondered how Joe Son was unaffected by that guy hitting him repeatedly in the balls. Was he even wearing a cup?

But I don't mean to argue for this being a sport, only in doing a thought experiment about completely realistic combat.

In "real fighting" they wear clothes so why not wear a gi?

Real clothes are much more elastic and thinner than gi's. I don't think a lot gi throws, which require you to have a solid grip on the gi, would work. Also gi's cause a lot of friction.

Two of your mates could join in and spreadeagle the guy while you possum-stomp his nuts into mash

There would be a lot less events cause so many guys & gals would be icing their private parts instead of training. I don't even like thinking about the eye damage either. If biting were allowed there might even be some savage people going for the jugular.

The reason I ask is I originally became interested in MMA because I thought it was close to a real fight.

What do you imagine would be some of the major changes to the way people fight if everything is allowed, including groin strikes, eye gouges, fish hooks, biting, kicks to a grounded opponents, etc.

For example, I would imagine full guard would be much less common due to groin strikes.

Most of ground grappling would become useless. You can't stay so close to eachother exposing your eyes/ears.
The striking would be focused on hitting/defending the groin....it would be TOTALLY different and probably boring (and disgusting).

Just to clarify, I'm not trying to argue for this becoming part of the sport. Obviously it would be impractical up until the day when we can instantly reverse any damage the body takes.

Only interested in doing a thought experiment about what a completely real fight between trained opponents would be like, based on what we've learned from MMA.

Last edited:
The reason I ask is I originally became interested in MMA because I thought it was close to a real fight.

What do you imagine would be some of the major changes to the way people fight if everything is allowed, including groin strikes, eye gouges, fish hooks, biting, kicks to a grounded opponents, etc.

For example, I would imagine full guard would be much less common due to groin strikes.
This guy would return and it would be amazing.....

<{JustBleed}>

One of the 100% clean goats, Gegard Mousasi would be forced to juice and would become THEE GOAT

If literally everything was allowed you would probably see more wrestlers winning by headbutts. Example, Mark Kerr The Smashing Machine.

EDIT:

Just to clarify, I'm not trying to argue for this becoming part the sport. Obviously it would be impractical up until the day when we can instantly reverse any damage the body takes.

Only interested in doing a thought experiment about what a completely real fight between trained opponents would be like, based on what we've learned from MMA.

Back