How would MMA change if literally everything was allowed?

See first ~10 UFC events. In short, it would've not looked good for fighters' health.

WMMA would become 1500x better with biting, scratching, hair-pulling, stripping, etc.

See first ~10 UFC events. In short, it would've not looked good for fighters' health.

That's what surprises me a little bit. I think eye pokes and fish hooking were still banned, but why wasn't there more groin strikes in those events, especially with Royce?

Real clothes are much more elastic and thinner than gi's. I don't think a lot gi throws, which require you to have a solid grip on the gi, would work. Also gi's cause a lot of friction.
So I'm confused?

Are you suggesting a RULE to ban Gi's otherwise what would stop fighters from showing up in Gis to gain advantage?

The reason I ask is I originally became interested in MMA because I thought it was close to a real fight.

What do you imagine would be some of the major changes to the way people fight if everything is allowed, including groin strikes, eye gouges, fish hooks, biting, kicks to a grounded opponents, etc.

For example, I would imagine full guard would be much less common due to groin strikes.

EDIT:

Just to clarify, I'm not trying to argue for this becoming part the sport. Obviously it would be impractical up until the day when we can instantly reverse any damage the body takes.

Only interested in doing a thought experiment about what a completely real fight between trained opponents would be like, based on what we've learned from MMA.

Mikhail Ilyukhin would be GOAT.

So I'm confused?

Are you suggesting a RULE to ban Gi's otherwise what would stop fighters from showing up in Gis to gain advantage?

I guess in spirit what I would like is for the competition to be as close to a real one-on-one hand-to-hand fight "on the street" as possible. So no, I am not thinking of gi's.

Wrestlers and submission artist would dominate

Actually one of the things I'm most curious about is how jiu-jitsu would change if you allowed everything, especially grabbing and crushing the balls.

I guess in spirit what I would like is for the competition to be as close to a real one-on-one hand-to-hand fight "on the street" as possible. So no, I am not thinking of gi's.

Still with full clothes then the bjj gi fighters would have a real advantage. Sure street clothes are not as flexible as a GI but they would still be like giving a weapon to a trained party versus otherwise hand to hand combatants.

Remember ufc 1 it was vale tudo anything goes except biting and eye gouging. BUT there was no penalty if you wanted to bite or eye gouge in UFC 1. Lol I remember Royce Gracie talking about it with a bunch of other legends. Times have changed man. I miss the old days. But the sport also needed structure. Id settle for pride rules and judging.

Also in 'real life' I'm wearing jeans and a jacket on a Friday night. Not running around in gay shorts. Except at the gay club where I go to find girls of course.

Yeah, that's why I go to gay clubs too, to find girls. Girls love my value tudo shorts.

nothing would change, Jones still GOAT

If there's only some way to instantly undo all injury after the fight. :)

You cant undo death. I.e. a guy gets KO'd flat on his face and his opponent soccer kicks him but it lands on his neck or he does on of those jumping stomps and lands on back of dude's head before ref can stop it.

The reason I ask is I originally became interested in MMA because I thought it was close to a real fight.

What do you imagine would be some of the major changes to the way people fight if everything is allowed, including groin strikes, eye gouges, fish hooks, biting, kicks to a grounded opponents, etc.

For example, I would imagine full guard would be much less common due to groin strikes.

EDIT:

Just to clarify, I'm not trying to argue for this becoming part the sport. Obviously it would be impractical up until the day when we can instantly reverse any damage the body takes.

Only interested in doing a thought experiment about what a completely real fight between trained opponents would be like, based on what we've learned from MMA.
I think your thought process is juvenile and idiotic.
Who could practice that. You would not have a sport. It would have ended before it started.
Lame. Next...

It would be built entirely around who can grab the other guys genitals first....

Everything? Even the Hurticane?

I've always wondered how Joe Son was unaffected by that guy hitting him repeatedly in the balls. Was he even wearing a cup?

But I don't mean to argue for this being a sport, only in doing a thought experiment about completely realistic combat.

"That guy" is Keith Hackney and he is a freaking legend(IMHO).

Back