How would Mike Tyson vs Joshua have played out?

Yeah forgot to put it in the title.

That's lucky, thought I was reading a hypothetical regarding AJ & this fella:

& I was like "Fuck, what a stupid question, I mean if Ruelas had too much height & reach for him..."

Judging by the plodding slow fight I saw this weekend, Tyson would've had Joshua KO'd within 40 seconds.

Tyson by corpse rape

Only true opponent Tyson ever had as a pro was himself

Tough to see it playing out well for Joshua.

Tyson beats him. Tony Tucker even beats him. I have a new respect for 80's heavyweights in the past year.

Tyson beats him. Tony Tucker even beats him. I have a new respect for 80's heavyweights in the past year.

There was a fair bit of talent. A lot of it was wasted, but it was there.

I don't think Joshua would have beaten the Tyson that fought Buster Douglas, though Joshua would have only been 1 at the time I guess.

Joshua has the exact style that Tyson used to devour back in his day except he's slower and doesn't box as well. He doesn't have the foot speed to keep him outside and his mid-close game is underdeveloped on top of the fact that he tires quickly, there's no way this fight goes past 5.

Joshua is too slow and predictable. His gas tank is also not the greatest... prime Tyson would wreck him just like he did to Frank Bruno.

Joshua has his flaws but he's not remotely slow for a man of his size. No other heavyweight today puts together punches in combinations with the same level of speed, explosiveness and ferocity as Joshua.

Joshua is a slightly better heavyweight david Lemieux basically.

I hate the fact that Wlad HAS to work off the jab. he has a guy gassed out and does just enough to win each rounds, and with the cards revealed he was headed to a draw best case scenario

I hate the fact that Wlad HAS to work off the jab. he has a guy gassed out and does just enough to win each rounds, and with the cards revealed he was headed to a draw best case scenario

That's what Steward instilled in him. But, there were many times during the Joshua fight where Wlad was leading with his left hook. Some of those left hooks were evil and Joshua did a good job reading them and ducking to avoid getting smashed. Wlad did blow his window of time to get the finish though. He should've stepped on the gas and thrown his right hand more. His punch selection is limited and he can't fight on the inside, Joshua can. But Wlad did go out on his shield. From round 5 through 11 it was a great fight, lots of action.

Last edited:
I thought this was a troll thread, sorry, tyson flattens him, no real argument to put against that.

Fury, Wilder, Joshua, Parker would all beat him, the same way Tyson would have beat previous generation of fighter.

Whether people like it or not fighters and athletes as a whole get better, bigger, and faster over time.

Yup, I've been saying it for a while. That group of dudes is grossly underrated. A bunch of tall long guys with good jabs and good power.
There was a fair bit of talent. A lot of it was wasted, but it was there.
Good ol 80s and the cocaine cowboys...

To me Joshua looks ike a more natural figher tan Bruno, he's not as stiff as Bruno, but Bruno probably had a bettter jab.
Josua needs to loose som bulk, being 10 pounds lighter would probably already do wonders for him.
Tyson beats him at this stage, no question about it. Even if he'd be able to hurt Tyson, the guy had a great chin and more tha enough cardio and gassing against someone like Tyson would be really bad, the guy had speed, poer and a world class killer instict when he smelled blood.
joshua is stil imprving and he could learn from his mistaks and work on his weaknesses, bt right now you'd have to pick Tyson.

Back