How will he be remembered

MoreKane

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
61682fd368371e5797db8f4e883d750a.jpg

a legend?

or just a great fighter, but nothing special?

Wins over Barrera (2x), Morales (2x), Marquez (2x), Hatton, Cotto, Margarito, Bradley.

Not to mention the way he did it, the international phenomena he became.. I have to say he's a legend.

Well, legend, no doubt.

Legend gets thrown around way too much in combat sports (in sports, generally), but Pacquiao definitely earned it.

Legend gets thrown around way too much in combat sports (in sports, generally), but Pacquiao definitely earned it.

I feel like we see a lot of "Is *blank* the Next Legend?" with a lot a guys. But Betteridge's Law of Headlines is usually correct in those cases.

Pretty clearly a legend. There are always criticisms to make and missed opportunities, but bottom line is that Pac has earned his spot in the pantheon of the greats.

Legend without a doubt.

I always preferred the whoring, gambling, abusive in camp Pac to the current Duterte cheerleader.

I don't know if he was ever abusive, but he clearly could use the odd drink and whore these days.

Boxing legend. His stature understandably took a dip after the JMM and Floyd losses, but before those fights he was being talked about as one the best of all time.

Top 20 ATG and true legend of the sport. Sick storytelling when personal and profesional controversies get old.

The best 8 division champ in the history of boxing.

Like RJJ - he might not have been the greatest boxer ever technically -- but he had an amazing level of athleticism and a singular style.
And like RJJ, he carried his skill and athleticism across 40 pounds worth of weightclasses.

To me, he's a legend as a fighter, and athlete.

Legend.

Multi division world champ, and excellent resume. Rose from obscurity to become a mega star in boxing. Also his work outside of the ring is worth mentioning to.

Atg, one of the best front foot attacking southpaws as he bulked up.

Back