How was the UFC like in the Affliction /Jersey shore era?

shercatdog

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Did not follow the UFC back then. How were the fans like in general and in sherdog? How was the MMA scene like?

2008- 2011, would you say around this time frame?

Was MMA about as popular as now?

Affliction and Tap Out shirts made everyone look like douche bags.

I enjoyed it more.

1. Less fighters pulling out due to PED's or injuries

2. MMA fans were excited to see Liddel, Hughes, Penn , Fedor, wanderlei silva etc fight. Now a days too many people on here only care when Conor is fighting next.

3. Fighters didn't push for superfights or money fights like they do now.

4. Less free UFC fights. Every 2-3 months there might be a free card on Spike but for the most part the UFC was a PPV business. Sometimes you might have to wait 4-6 weeks between UFC cards. Any given month you were guaranteed 5 UFC fights and if the fights ended early you might see 1-2 prelim fights.

Last edited:
Are you kidding me?Those were the best days of UFC...Even on Sherdog if you b.tch about a card then you will get a huge sh.tstorm and people were like you dont know sh.t thats why you think that card is not stacked...

90% of the time im bare chested, rain hail or shine but if im forced to wear a top like at a wedding its affliction or funeral its tapout

TUF was worth watching, Fight Night cards were much higher quality. There weren't nearly as many whiney bitches in the fan community as there are now.

It was awesome bro

we used to live fast

live-fast-saint3.jpg

Sun was always shining back then, I remember those days, and winters where snowy in a good way, just gentle snow and kids having fun skiing, and when it was raining, you didn't actually get wet and uncomfortable, you just got to enjoy the sound of rain and the smell of flowers and grass, and the most magnificent rainbows.

Then, along came USADA and Conor and global warming and Trump and Sherdog anno 2017.

The same as anything. Everyone thought they were cool for awhile, it faded out and now everyone pretends they are the cool guy guru for making fun of it. It's like disco in the 90's...you know

somehow they were better than the Reebok fight kits. You're just a complete asshat if you wear one of those.

That one time when Fedor fought for Affliction on the same night Anderson fought at LHW. 2 TVs side by side. Glorious.

Back in the days, most people involved in MMA thought that wearing Affliction T-Shirts were cool. I wanted a Fedor Affliction t-shirt so bad I remember...

Substitute "cuck" and "beta" for "Bro" and thats pretty much what you had

People were excited for Kimbo Slice to rule UFC with an iron fist. 'Nuff said and 'nuff remembered really.

"Come at me bro" was made by Ronnie on Jersey Shore. That dude would have made waves in the middleweight division

Back