How to make hands bigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
smaller hands are better
P=F/A

pressure = force divided by area
this means punches will do more damage as the area of your fist is smaller than someone with large hands

but for grip strength like when doing deadlifts that's a different story

smaller hands are better
P=F/A

this means punches will do more damage as the area of your fist is smaller than someone with large hands
I'm no boxer, but I somehow feel deep down inside that I'd rather be punched by small hands than with mighty mittens. What I know for sure is that having small hands sucks considerably for judo.

Tie them to a rope and get a friend to pull on them with a car.

That explains why Brock Lesnar's punches have so little power.

My hands definitely got a smidgen bigger(width) and thicker over years.

lmao Donut. That guy is a mutant. Am I seeing an extra muscle where his wrist should be? bahaha....

MoM that was a great post.

smaller hands are better
P=F/A

Yea, you hear this a lot and it has logic behind it but in reality you want bigger hands for boxing.

That explains why Brock Lesnar's punches have so little power.

Or Shane Carwin for that matter.

On a side note, I've noticed that car mechanics all have thick paws and super strong grips. Wrenching all day for years perhaps?

smaller hands are better
P=F/A

Not necessarily more damage, it just means the force is more concentrated. However, there are other things to consider. F=M*A, force = mass times acceleration. A larger hand will have more mass, but will be harder to accelerate. So it also depends on which outweighs the other: the large hand with increased mass but decreased acceleration or the small hand with decreased mass but increased acceleration. Either way we're talking a fairly small difference in the mass and acceleration of large vs small hands. It's pretty hard to say which is better, they both have advantages and disadvantages.

Large hands probably have the advantage of being less prone to break when you punch somebody with it.

I'd prefer to have larger hands just for the mechanical advantage in picking things up.

Jay-Z has some big hands. He uses my program.

bejay.jpg

I don't know what the thread starter means by developing larger hands. If you want longer bones, sorry, but there's nothing you can do. If you want thicker hands and fingers, then you have to actually actually use your hands. I found that any static or dynamic grip exercise/lift and playing piano thickened my hands and fingers, but that's after nearly 12 years of lifting and 23 years of piano.

Futurama, Episode #72, "The Devil's Hands are Idle Playthings".

FTMFW BABY!

Massaging people (or food I guess) helps a lot.

My teacher also suggested to us to imagine we have a ball in our hands and squeeze our hands 100 times every couple of days. So far it's worked for both my hands, forearms and wrist strength and I can do more finger pushups than just a month ago.

Peeing on your hands will make them bigger. The more pee, the more your hands will grow.

Peeing on your hands will make them bigger. The more pee, the more your hands will grow.

I know this sounds like a joke, but it's actually quite true. The ammonia from urine is absorbed into the skin which reacts with the growth hormones. Albeit its limits, it does trigger a considerable amount of growth. It has definitely given me thicker hands, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back