How to deal with anxiety-induced sleep deprivation?

Kaybee

Arianator Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
So for the past week or so I've pulled maybe 4 or 5 all-niters separated only by me blacking out on the floor or my bed during the day and waking up 12 hours later. What was keeping me up is done with now, but my sleep patterns are pretty fucked now and I feel light-headed whenever I go anywhere.

Anyways I'm a couple glasses of shitty champagne into the night so that I can hopefully wake up tomorrow normal time and maybe go to the gym and do Christmas shopping.

What do you do to get yourself back into a regular day-to-day life?

If talking about sleeping, weed helps

This coming from a guy who is going to work and slept 2 hours

CBD oil

make sure it is dark in your room (get those eye shades if it is not pitch black)

not too hot (heat -at least for me - triggers anxiety attacks at night). It;s winter so the heat has to be on somewhat but I have a fan in my room.

Those calming music sleep videos on you tube (I just hook it up to my booth tooth ue boom speaker).

You can invest in a weighted blanket.

Deep breathing

meditation before bed time.

DnnGUDvW0AEpNcM.jpg

Weed, meditation, cold showers, back stretching help me.
Weed helps the most

I don't really smoke right now - I used to and it would certainly put me to sleep - and I'd rather not get back into smoking regularly until I finish grad school.

But I'll certainly try a meditation and stretching routine.

Lay off the drugs

And don't listen to these weed guys, in the long run weed makes you dependent on it to sleep and it kills your REM sleep.

Lay off the drugs

And don't listen to these weed guys, in the long run weed makes you dependent on it to sleep and it kills your REM sleep.
yup weed and booze fuck up your brain chemistry I used to sleep like shit before I quit drinking

All of October that was me. I tried melatonin, weed, exercise before bed, and I even tried to put myself to sleep with a junk food coma. The best I got out of it was 2 or 3 minutes of either sleep, or losing track of time. The absolute worst is when I start noticing myself fall asleep, because me noticing is the action that wakes me up.

It's so painful during the day because all I do through it is think about sleeping, but when bedtime comes around I'm not tired anymore.

My best advice is to try to not think very specific thoughts and just space out. Because my stress endured insomnia is brought on by not being able to turn off my brain. Cant stop thinking about what's bothering me.

Melatonin helps for me. Just seems I have more messed up dreams when I take it.

Meditation and breathing techniques that induces relaxation helped me the most.

Excercise during the day but not too late at night. Before bed try guided meditation, it has helped me a lot. There are tons of different meditations online, find one that gives you directions and make sure you just focus on the directions... keep trying until you find one you like. Best of luck!

P.S. poor sleep can be a sign of deeper issues. If you haven't already, you should talk to a doctor or psychologist if you suspect this might be the case for you. Again, best of luck!

Back