How to clean a boxing glove with puke in it?

tuco1808

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
After sparring today i couldn't get to the toilets quick enough after an intense session so i puked into my glove. It was quite a good receptacle actually. Does anyone have a clue how i clean it? They're decent quality so i don't want to chuck them away

After sparring today i couldn't get to the toilets quick enough after an intense session so i puked into my glove. It was quite a good receptacle actually. Does anyone have a clue how i clean it? They're decent quality so i don't want to chuck them away

Imo no gloves can survive puke inside of them. I am curious to know what brand are the gloves ?

If it had been an arse accident instead of puke I would have thrown the glove away.

I swilled it out in the bath and it's cold air drying on my balcony.

They're not especially expensive but I've got used to them now, molded to my hands with sweat and tears (and now vomit). I suspect I'm going to have to bin it though

If it had been an arse accident instead of puke I would have thrown the glove away.

I swilled it out in the bath and it's cold air drying on my balcony.

They're not especially expensive but I've got used to them now, molded to my hands with sweat and tears (and now vomit). I suspect I'm going to have to bin it though
Thanks to your post I dreamt that my wife vomited in a pair of my boxing gloves.

please, for the sake of your training partners just get new gloves.

One day, my friend...

The dream was a nightmare.

I hope the gloves that caught his vomit were RDX gloves. They could turn it into an advert. Pretty much in line with what they've been doing anyways. Shit I'm surprised one of their stupid user accounts hasn't jumped in this thread already.

The dream was a nightmare.

I hope the gloves that caught his vomit were RDX gloves. They could turn it into an advert. Pretty much in line with what they've been doing anyways. Shit I'm surprised one of their stupid user accounts hasn't jumped in this thread already.
Don't fear the reaper.

"Have you tried RDX? Fantastic prices, awesome performing gear! Very easy to clean out the vomit from the gloves!!!"

I'm really curious to know what gloves they are.

Pro box 16oz sparring gloves. Red. If they had been Cleto Reyes I'd have just puked on the floor.

When I tipped them upside down the puke that came out was red. I thought I had vomited blood until I realised it was the stomach acid taking the colour out of the leather.

Pro box 16oz sparring gloves. Red. If they had been Cleto Reyes I'd have just puked on the floor.

When I tipped them upside down the puke that came out was red. I thought I had vomited blood until I realised it was the stomach acid taking the colour out of the leather.
Oh wow.

So you really just puked right into it.

And then you dumped it out.

Was there enough vomit for both gloves? Or just one?

What about the liner?

There was a brief moment, right before you vomited, that you calculated the value of these gloves relative to others and deemed that these were worth vomiting in.

I think it was at that precise moment that you already subconsciously accepted and decided what all reading this thread know: these gloves, they must be destroyed.

I would wash it out with water and laundry detergent dry it out then try and find a place that uses ozone cleaning for athletic equipment. They are found in some rinks for hockey equipment. just google ozone cleaning for athletic equipment. The ozone kills bacteria and odors. It works really well for ice hockey gloves, sure it would work well for boxing gloves.

some quick links.
www.freshgear.com
www.sani-sport.com/sports_ozone_cleaning_machine.html

Oh wow.

So you really just puked right into it.

And then you dumped it out.

Was there enough vomit for both gloves? Or just one?

What about the liner?

There was a brief moment, right before you vomited, that you calculated the value of these gloves relative to others and deemed that these were worth vomiting in.

I think it was at that precise moment that you already subconsciously accepted and decided what all reading this thread know: these gloves, they must be destroyed.

There was a lot of vomit (three or four 'hurls') but it was mostly liquid rather than chunks so the glove absorbed it quite quickly, so one glove was enough to contain it all.

I think the moment of realisation was mid-vomit. It was instinct to grab the glove. Had they been Cleto Reyes I may have taken the same action but stopped after the first puke and vommed on the floor instead.

I have just checked on the glove - it's not looking good

There was a lot of vomit (three or four 'hurls') but it was mostly liquid rather than chunks so the glove absorbed it quite quickly, so one glove was enough to contain it all.

I think the moment of realisation was mid-vomit. It was instinct to grab the glove. Had they been Cleto Reyes I may have taken the same action but stopped after the first puke and vommed on the floor instead.

I have just checked on the glove - it's not looking good
Hahaha, man... You should keep the glove.

Put it on your wall. For motivation.

Back