How surprised are you gonna be if Ferguson dominates Khabib for 5 rounds?

I'll be very surprised since Tony loses almost every first round to everyone. His whole game is take you to deep water then dominate. Out tough you with painless fighting. Out last you with relentless pace. So yeah Khabibb should do well 1 and 2. Then he;ll gas and Tony will take over.

Conor-McGregor-vs-Nate-Diaz.jpg

It's hard to tell when Khabib only has a hand full of UFC fights under his belt. Everyone was shocked when Nate Diaz choked Conor out. I wasnt..

I would be more shocked if Conor beat Khabib than if Tony, Nate or even Eddie Alvarez did. Styles make fights and Khabib is a bad match for McGregor.

It would be just about the most shocking thing I've ever seen in MMA.

I'm gona go ahead and say that simply isn't going to happen.

Khabib's wrestling will rule the day but I wonder if Tony can slice him up from his back ala what Bisping did to GSP when he took him down. Tony has really good elbows from the bottom. It may not be worth it for Khabib to grapple fuck him if he's getting sliced up from the bottom.

I wouldn't be surprised at all, given how untested Khabib is, but I also wouldn't be surprised if the opposite were true.

Khabib might not get Tony Down. He's a big strong wrestler himself. Best pedigree Khabibs faced in UFC twice NAIA national champ. I'm still convinced he lets people take him down because guard is actually the dominate position for him. But he stuffed all RDA TDs becaue he knew RDA on top is no good for him.

Something to watchout for.

This would be a way he could dominate.

I think Khabib will dominate first 2 or 3 rounds though and Tony comes on strong late per usual. To me fight is a pick em because I dont know if Khabib even a 5 round fighter and Tony is the best one and best bottom vs best top.

Last edited:
I don't see the fight lasting long if Ferguson starts to dominant. If Khabib tires, he'll be a sitting duck for Ferguson on the feet.

Very surprised if either man dominates the other, it will be a closely contested fight.

Incredibly. Ferguson is a great fighter but he's going to end up on his back for a good bit of this fight if he doesn't get a quick KO. He still may end up winning, he's sneaky off his back and may be able to tire Khabib out in the later rounds, but there's no way he will dominate all 5 rounds of the fight.

Yep, even if Tony manages to win I expect it to be by some sort of hail mary sub or a KO shot in a fight where Khabib has dominated the majority of the fight on the ground.

All five rounds I would find tough, rounds 3-5 I do not. I can also see rounds 1-2 going his way and then wilting after a round under Khabib.

I expect it to be a very close fight with Tony getting the better of the striking exchanges and Khabib getting the better of the ground exchanges. I dont see Tony getting finished, hes too tough and his cardio is nuts. Tony can finish Khabib in the standup or the ground.

cant wait for this fight

Khabib might not get Tony Down. He's a big strong wrestler himself. Best pedigree Khabibs faced in UFC twice NAIA national champ. I'm still convinced he lets people take him down because guard is actually the dominate position for him. But he stuffed all RDA TDs becaue he knew RDA on top is no good for him.

Something to watchout for.

This would be a way he could dominate.

I think Khabib will dominate first 2 or 3 rounds though and Tony comes on strong late per usual. To me fight is a pick em because I dont know if Khabib even a 5 round fighter and Tony is the best one and best bottom vs best top.
That´s what I think, that Tony is a very strong guy (although not muscular) and I believe he´s gonna be able to stop the takedowns like Tibal did. And on the feet Tony is gonna pick Khabib apart. But as Tony isn´t a KO guy himself, I can see him just punishing Khabib standing for the whole fight and hurting him. And if Khabib can´t take him down in the beginning of the fight, he´s not gonna be able to do it later in the championship rounds when he´s more tired and affected by his weight cut and Tony's relentless pace.

Sad.. but I do think Khabib will get him down and keep him there.

If Khabib makes it to his second fight between 2 Ramadans I would already be surprised.

Most likely scenario this happen is if for some reason they agree to switch theyr names

Most likely scenario this happen is if for some reason they agree to switch theyr names
giphy.gif

If Tony can stand his ground and counter Khabib when he rushes in, or pressure him back, I could totally see Khabib getting a bit rocked, and then he might get tired and not be able to implement his takedown game as well as he's used to.
The important thing for Tony is to not move back to the fence.
Khabib likes to wait until his opponent is close to the fence before attempting the first takedown, he did that against MJ.

I've always been expecting Khabib to be rocked by a superior striker sooner or later.
And we haven't really seen a rocked Khabib before, so who's gonna know how well he'll handle it.

I see many people here still like to pick Tony to win fights through such insightful analysis like “he’s tough man” instead of actually listing what he apparently does better than his opponent, and how he’ll implement it against what his opponent brings to the table.

Tony is on a long streak. But he easily could’ve lost a fair few of them. Relying on toughness to overcome skill deficits has never been a good game plan, and I’m shocked how often people make fight predictions based on it.

Back