How surprised are you gonna be if Ferguson dominates Khabib for 5 rounds?

View attachment 343037

It's hard to tell when Khabib only has a hand full of UFC fights under his belt. Everyone was shocked when Nate Diaz choked Conor out. I wasnt..

I would be more shocked if Conor beat Khabib than if Tony, Nate or even Eddie Alvarez did. Styles make fights and Khabib is a bad match for McGregor.
Its interesting that you say he's a bad match up for Conor, I can see it to a certain extent, it's possible he'll get took down and pummled, but he also has the best chance of beating Khabib, his distance control and pinpoint accuracy gives him the best chance of finishing Khabib on the feet before Khabib can even get into the fight.

Is Tony fighting by himself, or does Tony have an opponent who equally brings skills to the table that need to be overcome?

Cause like many others you just once again made a vague statement about how you think he’ll win, but don’t seem to actually know what he does that can make this happen against whoever he’s actually facing. Or know that indeed it will be his toughness that will have to win him the fight as he doesn’t actually do much better than his opponent, and needs to wait until the skill gap is overcome.
I think khabib will win but would not be suprised if Tony outstrikes him in the later rounds to take a 48-47 decision

I don't understand why your being such a douche about people picking tony, especially since he has better striking, is the best grappler khabib has fought, and has better cardio........ (this isn't some wild conspiracy, he's an elite fighter and has the ability to beat ANYONE at LW due to his large skillset).

Lol, toughness.

Of toughness was bottom of the pyramid at the top level, Nate would be GOAT.

Ferguson is a great transition fighter but likely has nothing for Khabib in terms of skill. He has shown more vulnerability than Khabib. But who knows, we will see
Why the hell is everyone making it seem like Tony lacks skills and gets by on mostly toughness ? He's arguably top 5 in the division for literally every major skill/attribute (size, cardio, striking, grappling,). He has the skills to beat even the best fighters ANYWHERE

Last edited:
Why the hell is everyone making it seem like Tony lacks skills and gets by on toughness ? He's arguably top 5 in the division for literally every major skill/attribute (size, cardio, striking, grappling,). He has the skills to beat even the best fighters ANYWHERE
I agree. I didn’t mean to imply he wasn’t skilled.

But TS saying he will win because he’s tougher than anyone khabib has fought is silly in my opinion. Either he has a technical answer to the grappling/pressure, or he doesn’t. Matchups make fights. How is Ferguson’s TDD to keep it standing? Not great. His subs are spectacular. Will he sub Khabib? That’s the question. I see him putting up very little restisrance in the wrestling. Striking may come into play in the later rounds. Tony should have an advantage there.

giphy.gif

I agree. I didn’t mean to imply he wasn’t skilled.

But TS saying he will win because he’s tougher than anyone khabib has fought is silly in my opinion. Either he has a technical answer to the grappling/pressure, or he doesn’t. Matchups make fights. How is Ferguson’s TDD to keep it standing? Not great. His subs are spectacular. Will he sub Khabib? That’s the question. I see him putting up very little restisrance in the wrestling. Striking may come into play in the later rounds. Tony should have an advantage there.
<mma4>

I’d be quite surprised.

It could happen—toferg is elite, but I don’t see it happening.

Back