How much money can Conor be sued for?

shoorik1987

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
First of all I would like to say that this is not a troll thread.

I am not familiar with the justice system in the US and I am genuinely interested, how much money can Conor potentially loose in worst case, assuming that everyone on the bus, UFC etc. etc. choose to take this case to court?

For instance a guy like Borg who got a piece of glass in his eye, how much money can you get for that kind of thing.

There're many stories going around in Europe about US justice system, about people suing companies for millions because they got burned on the coffee or suiting McDonald's for 'making them fat' etc.

So can someone please clarify this for me, what sums is Conor actually looking at here?

The US system is rife with over the top punitive damages, and it doesn't seem as if there's a cap to the limit. I believe they often top the 'true' damage, but not punitive, which allows the judge to punish companies. Not sure about personal lawsuits though.

Three hundred and fifty rubles.

it's a feeding frenzy. they'll ask for the moon and hope they get a judge or jury wacky enough to give it to them.

I cant imagine it being much, considering no-one was seriously hurt.... and before people mention Borg his fight has already been rescheduled, if he was seriously injured theres no way that wouldve happened

I cant imagine it being much, considering no-one was seriously hurt.... and before people mention Borg his fight has already been rescheduled, if he was seriously injured theres no way that wouldve happened

You mean not much by his standards?

And considering the fact that it was planned and financed by McGregor who had to be aware his actions would cause physical damage and therefore was his intention, a judge or jury may decide that he will pay dearly. And New York, unlike L.A, doesn't give a fuck about celebrity.

tenor.gif

bout fiddy tree

You mean not much by his standards?
no, I mean not much compared to what most people are saying

lol Id actually be surprised if they even got tree fiddy(grand)

Back