How much money can Conor be sued for?

The US system is rife with over the top punitive damages, and it doesn't seem as if there's a cap to the limit. I believe they often top the 'true' damage, but not punitive, which allows the judge to punish companies. Not sure about personal lawsuits though.

So those crazy sums are from lawsuits against big companies? If I for instance punch someone in the face the penalty is not as harsh?

I cant imagine it being much, considering no-one was seriously hurt.... and before people mention Borg his fight has already been rescheduled, if he was seriously injured theres no way that wouldve happened
They'll take into account that he hired a private jet, brought along 20 associates and had an agenda to break the law. U.S lawsuits are a different breed compared to what I know of most countries. You can send a millionaire into poverty in the U.S.

And considering the fact that it was planned and financed by McGregor who had to be aware his actions would cause physical damage and therefore was his intention, a judge or jury may decide that he will pay dearly. And New York, unlike L.A, doesn't give a fuck about celebrity.

Thanks for clarifying. So basically it's all about who's the judge?

The security guard he hit with a can is suing for $95,000. In New York state you can sue for damages(to restore the victim back to the state prior to the assault) and punitive damages up to 10X damages reward.

Pegg claimed in his lawsuit the can hit him in the back near his left shoulder. He says he incurred medical expenses from his injury for just under $5,000. He sued seeking $95,000 in damages.

https://theblast.com/conor-mcgregor-security-guard-lawsuit-response/

They'll take into account that he hired a private jet, brought along 20 associates and had an agenda to break the law. U.S lawsuits are a different breed compared to what I know of most countries. You can send a millionaire into poverty in the U.S.
its more likely theres out of court settlements(if possible)

So those crazy sums are from lawsuits against big companies? If I for instance punch someone in the face the penalty is not as harsh?
Oh it certainly can be. McGregor can afford to pay, unlike Joe Public. They take into account intention, actual damage, lost wages, emotional distress, etc. And if McGregor has incorporated himself, they can sue his company too. It could get brutal, but nobody knows for sure.
I have a feeling that it will be settled for a non disclosed sum with a penalty if anybody reveals the amount.

Aim for the moon. You can't let this gang banger get off easy.

The security guard he hit with a can is suing for $95,000. In New York state you can sue for damages(to restore the victim back to the state prior to the assault) and punitive damages up to 10X damages reward.

Pegg claimed in his lawsuit the can hit him in the back near his left shoulder. He says he incurred medical expenses from his injury for just under $5,000. He sued seeking $95,000 in damages.

https://theblast.com/conor-mcgregor-security-guard-lawsuit-response/

Crazy stuff. Is realistic that he will win?

Kenny here,

I asked my moms friend this last week because he knows about these things and he said it can be lot. He said there is no limit but due to Conors celebrity status it's not going to be little.

I would not be surprised if the fighter suing get a good amount for their troubles.

So the answer is a lot. My guess is around $10,000 to $20,000 but my moms friend really didn't give me a number.

Lol good luck to Conor. I hope they don't make him homeless.

You can sue for the moon, doesn't mean you'll get it. UFC isn't going to let it get out of hand. They'll squash it, and perhaps pass along some of the cost to the mick

How much money can Conor be sued for?

Depends, what's in it for Conor?
5ebs6a.jpg

Kenny here,

I asked my moms friend this last week because he knows about these things and he said it can be lot. He said there is no limit but due to Conors celebrity status it's not going to be little.

I would not be surprised if the fighter suing get a good amount for their troubles.

So the answer is a lot. My guess is around $10,000 to $20,000 but my moms friend really didn't give me a number.

Lol good luck to Conor. I hope they don't make him homeless.
Hey Kenny,

Btard here. $10, 000 to $20,000 is a lot? You seem poor. Must not make too much at your job at the Traffic Court of LA.

Do you think your mom needs a little help with her bills? Hit me up Kenny. There's a market for vulnerable women I'd like to discuss with you.

Btard

Crazy stuff. Is realistic that he will win?
Almost everything settles out of court. That security guard bum will take $20,000 and a signed Conor jockstrap to sniff and we'll never hear from him again. pocket change for your 2x Champ.

No worries, uncle Dana will pick up the tab and then ban the fighters who dared to sue his golden boy.

I cant imagine it being much, considering no-one was seriously hurt.... and before people mention Borg his fight has already been rescheduled, if he was seriously injured theres no way that wouldve happened

Borg is fighting in the Dime Piece Division. He deserves $100 million in lost career earnings.

Back