How much do you spend on eating out?

shanegotu11

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm not well off. My family has money but not me. They get upset when I can't do $50+ dinners all the time.

I've spent $600 in last two weeks eating out, $440 with the family. I have a wife and son. And I still hear about I don't let them eat out to fancy places enough. This when we all meet up. Usually twice a week.

Thoughts?

If I take a girl out it's usually around 100 or so but I have spent as much as 600 on a dinner for 2 for a special occasion.

Yeah I find that I eat out more than I should...but hardly ever anywhere fancy

Usuall 12 to 1500 a month between my gf and myself

$1,500 a month on eating out? Are you going to michelin restaurants exclusively?
we pretty much eat out lunch and dinner every day. For lunch we went to mexican 29 dollars plus tip. Dinner later will probably cost around the same maybe less. It was a big launch so probably something simple later .. say 50 dollars today and thats usually the standard

does grubhub and food dudes count? I'm not really into going to restaurants

$1,500 a month on eating out? Are you going to michelin restaurants exclusively?

When I was working in Dublin, my per diem for food was 200 euro. Before I went that sounded like a ridiculous number; it isn't.

we pretty much eat out lunch and dinner every day. For lunch we went to mexican 29 dollars plus tip. Dinner later will probably cost around the same maybe less. It was a big launch so probably something simple later .. say 50 dollars today and thats usually the standard

You sound poor

Went out with a girl the other night who offered to treat me to a movie. Also said she would cover the Uber both ways. Found out her job gave her coupons for free movie tickets - and they cover any Uber expenses she incurs.

I got stuck with the $85 check for food and drinks.

giphy.gif

Couple hundred bucks a week, usually Sunday through Thursday I'll spend very little. One lunch from the cafeteria and takeout for dinner on Thursday nights. Friday or Saturday I'll take my fiancé out on a date which is typically 100-150 for the two of us, could be more if we're in the mood for a steakhouse or something. That will decline sharply once we have kids, but for now I can save several thousand dollars a month and still have a decent entertainment budget.

Just went back over the last 12 months and I spend on average $320/month and that is for the two of us combined. We rarely eat out and primarily prepare our own meals. We always cook enough for dinner for us to have lunches at work the following day. Usually if we eat out it will be a Friday if we didn't have anything planned and order up a pizza or fried chicken. Other times we would go to dinner if we are going out to see a movie. This includes going out for coffees, ice cream, etc. as well.

Way too much. 18x a week...

I don't like eating on the job. Especially since I work outside. My shift is 8 to 5 monday through Saturday, but I'm gone from the house 6 to 7...

My boss goes out to eat for breakfast, lunch and supper. Since the jobs are always in different areas, by default so do we. It wouldn't be so bad if he went to more affordable and different places. Six days a week: Lizard's Thicket, Firehouse Subs and Texas Roadhouse.

I'm afraid to do the math. If I didn't smoke so much and eat out so much I wouldn't be so poor.

If the work wasn't hard I would be big as a house.

Couple hundred bucks a week, usually Sunday through Thursday I'll spend very little. One lunch from the cafeteria and takeout for dinner on Thursday nights. Friday or Saturday I'll take my fiancé out on a date which is typically 100-150 for the two of us, could be more if we're in the mood for a steakhouse or something. That will decline sharply once we have kids, but for now I can save several thousand dollars a month and still have a decent entertainment budget.

Some of you live in very expensive areas. The most expensive meal on the menu at the most overpriced place around here is a 22 oz porterhouse steak for $40.

Went out with a girl the other night who offered to treat me to a movie. Also said she would cover the Uber both ways. Found out her job gave her coupons for free movie tickets - and they cover any Uber expenses she incurs.

I got stuck with the $85 check for food and drinks.

giphy.gif

Payback for taking her to see Alien Covenant

My girl is frugal as fuck so everytime i wanna eat out she says "no ill just make something" when i was single i spent a shitload though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back