How many push-ups and pull ups can you do in one sitting?

I think a lot of body weight exercises are just about repetition to increase your numbers. I've done pullups and pushups consistently since i was in middle school.
I usually do pullups at the start of my workout. I'll do a set of 30, then 20, then 10.
But any time ive had to take off time from exercising from an injury or something, or just being on vacation, i never hit those numbers until a couple weeks later after ive built back up to it.

My workouts are almost entirely body weight though, so im not tiring myself out with other exercises. I don't even know what i can bench, but my guess would be it would be a pretty lackluster number

Like I said to the other poster I think people confuse chin ups and pull ups. One is much much harder than the other.

Like I said to the other poster I think people confuse chin ups and pull ups. One is much much harder than the other.
Hm maybe. I think that's a pretty n00b thing to mix up though, imo. Pullups to me has always been wide grip, palms overhand
<Fedor23>

Just tried then with pushups. 49 on first set, then 26 and 25. 1 minute rest inbetween. Could have done more sets I guess, but really just wanted to get to 100.

When I was younger and training competitively I probably could've hit 100 in 1 set.

Had a mouthy English guy at work back then claiming he could do more pushups than me, but refused to actually do it for real. So I challenged him by saying I could do more 1 armed ones than he could do regular ones. He took the bait (I knew he was pretty weak, and one armed ones are a lot of technique). He ended up doing about 15 regular pushups while I was able to knock out 36 one armed push ups with one switch of arms in between. He didn't boast so much after that.

I can bang out 50 push ups in a minute, I can only do like 4 pullups though.

Before i injured my shoulder and had surgery last year. I could do 55 pushups in a row. Pull ups, 17.

I hope i can get back to that one day.

100?
Y'all fuckos cheat so bad on push ups, it makes me sick. Just cause you move up and down 5 inches don't make it a push up.

Hm maybe. I think that's a pretty n00b thing to mix up though, imo. Pullups to me has always been wide grip, palms overhand
<Fedor23>

I agree with you. But even at the gym I see lots of people doing chin ups and I think they think they’re doing pull ups.

I can go all day, baby

DefiantHardtofindBear-size_restricted.gif

I actually did a workout with something like this as part of the whole routine last Monday. It was four exercises Burpees, pullups, pushups and free squats, do every exercise for a certain time four rounds with the first round being 1:00, second being 45 seconds, third being 30 seconds and the fourth being 15 seconds. So based on the first round of 1:00 I did 12 pull ups and 45 push ups. That was sandwiched between the burpees and squats but I doubt the burpees hurt my numbers that much.

used to do push up sets of 50s... could do 100 or more straight whenever I felt like it. I am old fat and lazy now... but I can still do 30-40 straight eazy peazy.

pull ups I am not so good but could do 15-20 or so multiple sets.

Back