How many PPVs would a prime Anderson Silva vs prime GSP have sold?

Yea the reason was he new Anderson was a cheating bitch. Also I remmember Anderson fighting at 205 and beating 3 guys but to scared to fight Shogun, and Jones.
Everyone was on steriods including your favorite fighter. Cheating GSP greased against a natural LW.

2 million without a doubt. Back in those days, Rampage vs Rashad did over a million buys.

At the time, we all thought that. But if Chael could that to Anderson, why not GSP?

edit: I take that back. Prime Chael had "superhuman" stamina. GSP couldn't match that takedown spam and constant work rate. No one could. Even though GSP has better striking and wrestling, I don't think it's enough to match what Chael was capable of.
Anderson came in with injured ribs and Chael had 16:1 testosterone ratio for the first fight. And injured Anderson still finished him.

What happened in the rematch?

AE3544B6-0823-4F76-991A-139EEFAC832D.jpeg 0B94022C-FCD5-44A0-AAD5-AA35EECD0E99.jpeg

Everyone was on steriods including your favorite fighter. Cheating GSP greased against a natural LW.
Yeah GSPs corner putting some grease on him is the same as anderson silva Using steroids his whole career to fight bums at MW. I guess that grease GSP used helped him Jab BJ penns face shut.

2 million without a doubt. Back in those days, Rampage vs Rashad did over a million buys.
because Rampage sold it with all his "Black on Black crime" talk.

they weren't the best fighters at that time in that weight class, and they sold more than the best fighters of that time. because it sold for reasons other than being two great fighters.

extrapolate from there, and you'll find that the best fighters of an era will not necessarily sell a lot of PPV's. certainly not more than certain personalities.

Anderson came in with injured ribs and Chael had 16:1 testosterone ratio for the first fight. And injured Anderson still finished him.

Chael was 16 times more macho than the average man. GSP just wasn't that macho, and so GSP has no chance against Anderson.

"Prime" Sivla needed 3 round to finish an average journeyman who had a knee injury.
(Patrick Coté)

Slva would have spent 5 rounds on his back.

Who was also a training partner and good friend of George’s.

I’m sure George watched that and had no doubt after , but the steroids might have been a real reason now.

He did not want to fight guys he knew were on dope.

I highly doubt that.

GSP was a nightmare matchup for Anderson.

I wonder if he regrets avoiding the fight. I would've had him winning but I don't think he had confidence in himself winning.

"Prime" Sivla needed 3 round to finish an average journeyman who had a knee injury.
(Patrick Coté)

Slva would have spent 5 rounds on his back.

But he needed 2 rounds to finish Dan Henderson, total of 8 minuets to finish Rich 2x, 2 mins to finish Vitor and a total of 6 mins to finish three LHWs.

GSP needed just a few mins to get KTFO by Matt Serra of all people? 5 rounds and couldnt finish Dan Hardy, who BTW is a lower level fighter than Cote.

One more thing, a journeyman is a fighter that goes from organization to organization fighting a few fights to fill in space. Cote was spent his time with two minor organizations and rest of his career with the UFC fighting over 20 times. This average "journeyman" beat many good fighters and was ranked most of his career, he was finished for the first time after 14 years of fighting. Cote went three rounds with a prime Tito so cut the nonsense.

Matt Serra needed under 4 minutes to make “prime” GSP tap to strikes.

“Prime” GSP needed 5 full rounds to decision one dimensional fighters and LWs for the entirety of his prime.

Which LW did he decision?

But he needed 2 rounds to finish Dan Henderson, total of 8 minuets to finish Rich 2x, 2 mins to finish Vitor and a total of 6 mins to finish three LHWs.

GSP needed just a few mins to get KTFO by Matt Serra of all people? 5 rounds and couldnt finish Dan Hardy, who BTW is a lower level fighter than Cote.

One more thing, a journeyman is a fighter that goes from organization to organization fighting a few fights to fill in space. Cote was spent his time with two minor organizations and rest of his career with the UFC fighting over 20 times. This average "journeyman" beat many good fighters and was ranked most of his career, he was finished for the first time after 14 years of fighting. Cote went three rounds with a prime Tito so cut the nonsense.

039B60CB-A7EB-44AA-AEE2-C9C15C03466A.jpeg

Go on.......

giphy.gif

Tell me more about that.

BJ Penn. Many people thought BJ won that fight too including me. It was razor close, hence the split decision.

The only peoples who scored it for Penn are peoples who has no idea how to score a fight. So yeah you do have the right qualifications to score it for Penn.

Oh and GSP finished him with ease during the rematch.

What other LW that he desicionned? You clearly implied there was more than one in your previous post.

Back