how many defenses would mcgregor have at FW by now?

as crazy as it sounds I think I would say ortega would be the toughest matchup at FW for conor. I think conor would beat max in a rematch. ortega could keep his own standing with mcgregor and just wait for that split second opportunity over five rounds to grab ahold of that sub. I would've picked frankie as his toughest matchup before watching him get starched by T-city

Ortega and Holloway are both terrible match ups.

Ortega is durable as fuck and can finish at any time.

Holloway is durable as fuck, has great cardio, high output and gets stronger as the fight goes on. I think that the improved version of Holloway would embarrass the shit out of Conor in the late rounds of a rematch.

In terms of better fighters id rather have two wins over a prime mendes on my record same with faber who's a legend. Mcgregor is one of those ones who is a big name but could potentially lose to so many people. Second off, Aldo didn't get the chance to grapple cause the fight just started. Also I wouldn't be so sure about the standup. Mcgregors got power but completely lacks diversity unlike Aldo's Muay Thai. He also has that wide stance that is very heavy in the lead leg if Aldo uses leg kicks.

Aldo doesn't have diverse striking anymore. He doesn't use leg kicks. He is a sloppy boxer compared to Conor. And Mendes is not as big a win as Conor is. This is proven by the fact Conor KOd Mendes and was a world champion in 2 weight classes with an easy win over Aldo who Mendes lost to twice.

Aldo is done at the top level. He isn't the same. He showed zero diversity or fighter IQ in the Max rematch when he fought exactly the same and lost exactly the same way.

I agree with TS, Conor is the clear cut Featherweight GOAT.

LOL People thought that Pettis was untouchable and "five years ahead of the division" not that long ago.

Now, he's a fucking gatekeeper and an underdog against Michael Chiesa.

You need to put in the work to prove that you're GOAT material.

1. Old man Aldo - W
2. Old man Frankie - W
3. improved Holloway - W
4. OrteGOAT - ?
5. Jeremy who - W

4 or 5 if he wasn't busy being a champ champ and making 100+ mil
And how many cardio training would he have after Nate lost probably 0

If we take Conor, his team and Lockhart's word, he could have stayed at FW for a long time after he got his diet cleaned up and his knee improved. If he stayed, was not spoiled by 100 mill and was hungry to fight, I don't see any 45'er beating him.

It depends on who he picked and if they let his opponent train first or not.

Back