How long before you moved in with your girl?

cmw43

Bad Boys Club
@Gold
Reaction score
I've been with my current girlfriend since September, it's going well just met her parents for the first time last weekend, they live in Scotland and I live in the North of England.

She lives in a one bed apartment and her lease is up in September. I have a two bed apartment that I own and rent the spare room to a lodger for the past year who's been the best person I ever lived with no mess, pays on time, drives me to the gym and supermarket, watches same tv shows and is no hassle at all.

I see my girl 3 or 4 nights a week and I'm really happy with how things are and my current living situation but I feel eventually we'll move in together but it would either be this September or else put off another year till September 2018.

I should probably also add she's a Master's student who only works part time and I think she struggles a bit paying the bills but she's not brought it up yet at all other than the fact she'll need to find a new place.

I was just about to make a thread about something similar to this so Ill just post here.

Me and my lady have been together almost 5 years. I love her and do want to spend the rest of my life with her.

However, I REALLY value my alone time. She would prefer spending every minute of the day with me(which I really do appreciate), but I recharge my reserves while being completely alone. I feel I cant even function unless I have 2 days a week away from EVERYONE. My lady is completely understanding of this and often asks me if I just want to be alone for the day/night. I don't know how we will work around this living in the same house. I feel like I will need my own room or something that she knows not to go in to.

She pretty well slowly started moving in the first week. Just slowly bring things in and leaving it. Could Not have been more than a month or 2 before she was fully in and I realized what happened

About a year. Any faster would be too fast imo.

3 weeks and still married to her 14yrs later.

I honestly feel there is no correct answer here.Some connections can happen overnight. I'd probably wait at least a year before moving in, but who knows if I caught unprecedented feelings?

Never lived with a girlfriend. Been almost 2 years with my current job girlfriend but I still don't know when I would want to

Like a year? She moved into my place...however I eventually kicked her to the curb. She tried her best to say "I got no where else to stay" but I wasn't having it, it was super annoying that some months she would essentially say fuck splitting the rent and just spend her money on fucking shopping...leaving me to pay for everything.

Usually within 6 months, but I suck at relationships so.....

Took about 3 years for me and my wife while we were dating -- but we were students at the time; age and experience should be a factor.

If you're Older, past 28, I don't know any women who would be cool not finding a place together after 2 years of dating. So I would say 1-2 years

Last edited:
About a year but we were long distance for awhile. I miss living alone a lot as she doesnt work and is ALWAYS at the house

I was just about to make a thread about something similar to this so Ill just post here.

Me and my lady have been together almost 5 years. I love her and do want to spend the rest of my life with her.

However, I REALLY value my alone time. She would prefer spending every minute of the day with me(which I really do appreciate), but I recharge my reserves while being completely alone. I feel I cant even function unless I have 2 days a week away from EVERYONE. My lady is completely understanding of this and often asks me if I just want to be alone for the day/night. I don't know how we will work around this living in the same house. I feel like I will need my own room or something that she knows not to go in to.
I'm the same, with needing more "alone time" than most. When I met my wife she was working out of town M-F and I would only see her on weekends, and that was perfect. Somehow she got her transfer shortly after we met, so we could "spend more time together"....and all my weekday alone time was gone.

We didn't move in until after dating 6 months or so, for some of the reasons you mentioned. Some guys love having their chick with them 24/7, but I'm not one of them.

Last edited:
Back