How hard is it to get away with murder these days? (forensic files)

Bay Area

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
So I just started getting into the show Forensic Files (yes I live under a rock) and holy hell it seems like it is impossible to kill someone and get away with it. You have to make no mistakes. You can't leave prints, saliva, blood, shoe prints, or any evidence lying around. You can't do any murder research on your computer. You have to cover your plates when driving to your victim. Be mindful of what calls you make on your cell phone, any emails you send. Make sure your alibi is on point etc etc.

Or is this all just bullshit for the show?

Thoughts?

Calling the cops TS. Make sure you disobey that WR and answer the door.

Its not that hard at all. I just stalk my victims on various social media and MMA forums, eventually I find the the one's that rub the lotion on it's skin.

It was easier than I thought. How much money you got?

Your best bet is to become a cop in a corrupt, overworked, underfunded judiciary and lure the victim to your district. Although there was that sheriff who killed a realtor in someone else's jurisdiction and walked away without even being questioned because he said he went to the show home on a training exercise...

So I just started getting into the show Forensic Files (yes I live under a rock) and holy hell it seems like it is impossible to kill someone and get away with it. You have to make no mistakes. You can't leave prints, saliva, blood, shoe prints, or any evidence lying around. You can't do any murder research on your computer. You have to cover your plates when driving to your victim. Be mindful of what calls you make on your cell phone, any emails you send. Make sure your alibi is on point etc etc.

Thoughts?
I've seen that show before. I think most of the perpetrators are reckless that is why they get caught. Statistics shows that only around 1-5% of all cold cases in the U.S. are ever solved. That means detectives either have too many priorities over older unsolved cases, are not doing their jobs properly, or there's not enough evidence for certain cases. If you research some of the episodes, many of them are also made into documentaries showing you that it's not too common.

But if you like those shows, watch Cold Case Files on A&E. They have new episodes every Thursday nights.

This show is a good icebreaker at parties. You ask if people watch it, and then ask how they would dispose of a body.

Odds aren't good, but you've got a chance TS.

If you're murdered in America, there's a 1 in 3 chance that the police won't identify your killer.

To use the FBI's terminology, the national "clearance rate" for homicide today is 64.1 percent. Fifty years ago, it was more than 90 percent.

And that's worse than it sounds, because "clearance" doesn't equal conviction: It's just the term that police use to describe cases that end with an arrest, or in which a culprit is otherwise identified without the possibility of arrest — if the suspect has died, for example.

Criminologists estimate that at least 200,000 murders have gone unsolved since the 1960s, leaving family and friends to wait and wonder.

Submitted online tip on FBI site just in case

Haven't read the thread but about 35% of murders go unsolved. Less than half of murder trials secure a conviction.

So, your chances of getting away with it are actually quite good. You have to basically be a complete fucking moron to get caught/convicted for murder.

Kill a stranger and its near impossible to find you.

With out an actual connection to the victim you are quite safe.

from what i've learned based on movies and CSI Miami is that no body no case, so if you get wacked mafia style and your body gets buried in the middle of nowhere and there are no witnesses there is no case

Thoughts?
don't cover your license plate, that's gonna get you pulled over.

instead always have black electrical tape in your dash.

when you have to kill, take out the tape and make a 9 into an 8, or F into A, etc, etc

Of course have the most basic of cars, like a Honda Civic, with no mods, and all your lights are working.

If and when you do kill, take out the battery in your phone, you don't want to drive and "ping" the towers, basically detailing your murder drive.

Obviously use all cash, take every receipt with you and burn it.

If you're going to buy "murder supplies" spread it out, don't buy your entire murder kit from home depot. Go buy some shovels and lye, and a fucking potted plant and a new gardening hose from one store, and then buy the rest of your "murder supplies" from lowes or something.

again cash only, always take the recipt (to burn later, or just fucking eat it, paper is good for you), and don't be stupid and wear a black baseball hat and a bomber jacket and always looking around.

Go in normal with a bright yellow orange jacket. Everytime you buy your "murder supplies", fill up the gas tank, come out with your bright ass yellow jacket.

do the "deed" with your bright ass yellow jacket.

Then put your "murder clothes" and yellow jacket in a new trash bag and goto a coin op laundry, bleach that shit with the whole bottle. Dry it, then put those clothes in one of those goodwill bins.

Again, you're always using cash, always following the law (don't speed with loud music, smoking weed)

Kill a stranger and its near impossible to find you.

With out an actual connection to the victim you are quite safe.

Yeah this is pretty accurate i believe, if a stranger nobody even knows kills some guy and there is no cameras or something, at most the police is gonna get a broad strokes description of the guy like height weight, clothes and skin color, but if the assailant has some kind of plan and skips town for a while to lay low nobody is gonna catch him ever

Thoughts?
Very easy what do you think happened to clippy

Its not that hard at all. I just stalk my victims on various social media and MMA forums, eventually I find the the one's that rub the lotion on it's skin.
I'm grateful that you give me a laptop to use for browsing Sherdog when you lock me up in my cage.

<40>

Back