How hard is it to get away with murder these days? (forensic files)

It's pretty easy, just get a good lawyer. Or you mean don't get arrested. That's easy too, just don't be a sloppy idiot.

It's easy to stalk someone in today's social media age. Everyone checks in everywhere. You don't even have to be on their friend list to see their whole history. Eventually you will see a pattern and find a good spot to murder them. Just wear hair net or dress like a Muslim ninja. Gloves and everything.

You can find an isolated area and murder them then melt them bodies with hydrofluoric acid or burn it.
Or kill them in a crowded street. Walk past them and stick a poisoned needle in them as you go. No one will suspect a thing.

How you get them isolated? Get to know them and call them out for a walk. Bring them to an isolated place. Most homicides are done by people they know. Rarely is it done by a complete stranger.

Remember to burn your clothing afterwards too just to be save. If you want to be really save, you can shave your head and body beforehand.

AMA, I've never been a suspect of anything.

Watched one before that a guy killed his wife and cut the soles off his shoes and cut them into pieces then hid them in different spots around the house. They're obviously going to investigate the husband when a wife dies so why not burn them or throw them out far away. He even glued new soles on his old shoes.

I'm grateful that you give me a laptop to use for browsing Sherdog when you lock me up in my cage.

<40>

Of course, I may be a serial killer, but I am not inhumane.<{ziddy1}>

Now when are you coming down to the West Coast Bro?
3e6b72f9613700f41e0b068e10d9fb4e.gif

I've seen that show before. I think most of the perpetrators are reckless that is why they get caught. Statistics shows that only around 1-5% of all cold cases in the U.S. are ever solved. That means detectives either have too many priorities over older unsolved cases, are not doing their jobs properly, or there's not enough evidence for certain cases. If you research some of the episodes, many of them are also made into documentaries showing you that it's not too common.

I wonder what % of cases go cold. . .

I was a suspect in a murder long ago. The murder had happened in Canada, and I found out that I was a suspect by being contacted by the Ontario police (The OPP) by email. I was in Colorado at the time. A detective eventually called me, and asked me to send The OPP a sample of my DNA, so I went to the local police station, and the police took care of everything for me...even sent the sample to the OPP for me. I never heard from the OPP again. The DNA proved my innocence, I guess. THE PROBLEM IS, now it's gonna be a lot tougher to get away with murder, if I should ever want to do that, because my DNA is on file.

I was a suspect in a murder long ago. The murder had happened in Canada, and I found out that I was a suspect by being contacted by the Ontario police (The OPP) by email. I was in Colorado at the time. They asked me to send them a sample of my DNA, so I went to the local police station, and the police took care of everything for me...even sent the sample to the OPP for me. I never heard from the OPP again. The DNA proved my innocence. THE PROBLEM IS, now it's gonna be a lot tougher to get away with murder because my DNA is on file.

Also you can easily get framed by dirty cops using your DNA sample, probably to make you take the fall for the murder of one of the hookers Ben Affleck killed, let that sink in

I was a suspect in a murder long ago. The murder had happened in Canada, and I found out that I was a suspect by being contacted by the Ontario police (The OPP) by email. I was in Colorado at the time. They asked me to send them a sample of my DNA, so I went to the local police station, and the police took care of everything for me...even sent the sample to the OPP for me. I never heard from the OPP again. The DNA proved my innocence, I guess. THE PROBLEM IS, now it's gonna be a lot tougher to get away with murder, if I should ever want to do that, because my DNA is on file.

So what you're saying is you're down with OPP.

So what you're saying is you're down with OPP.
Where have I heard that before? A song? Sounds so familiar...EDIT: Googled it. Naughty by Nature. Of course.

Last edited:
I've seen that show before. I think most of the perpetrators are reckless that is why they get caught. Statistics shows that only around 1-5% of all cold cases in the U.S. are ever solved. That means detectives either have too many priorities over older unsolved cases, are not doing their jobs properly, or there's not enough evidence for certain cases. If you research some of the episodes, many of them are also made into documentaries showing you that it's not too common.

But if you like those shows, watch Cold Case Files on A&E. They have new episodes every Thursday nights.

That is a shockingly low amount of solved cases. Have you seen first 48? Is it true that detectives have 48 hours to solve a case or else it gets dumped?

So I just started getting into the show Forensic Files (yes I live under a rock) and holy hell it seems like it is impossible to kill someone and get away with it. You have to make no mistakes. You can't leave prints, saliva, blood, shoe prints, or any evidence lying around. You can't do any murder research on your computer. You have to cover your plates when driving to your victim. Be mindful of what calls you make on your cell phone, any emails you send. Make sure your alibi is on point etc etc.

Or is this all just bullshit for the show?

Thoughts?

What'd you do to @Clippy ?

That is a shockingly low amount of solved cases. Have you seen first 48? Is it true that detectives have 48 hours to solve a case or else it gets dumped?
I've seen First 48 and that is what they always claim. I would assume that it is somehow true.

It's pretty easy, just get a good lawyer. Or you mean don't get arrested. That's easy too, just don't be a sloppy idiot.

It's easy to stalk someone in today's social media age. Everyone checks in everywhere. You don't even have to be on their friend list to see their whole history. Eventually you will see a pattern and find a good spot to murder them. Just wear hair net or dress like a Muslim ninja. Gloves and everything.

You can find an isolated area and murder them then melt them bodies with hydrofluoric acid or burn it.
Or kill them in a crowded street. Walk past them and stick a poisoned needle in them as you go. No one will suspect a thing.

How you get them isolated? Get to know them and call them out for a walk. Bring them to an isolated place. Most homicides are done by people they know. Rarely is it done by a complete stranger.

Remember to burn your clothing afterwards too just to be save. If you want to be really save, you can shave your head and body beforehand.

AMA, I've never been a suspect of anything.

I like that poison needle in public idea. Kill them in plain sight. The only problem is researching public needles. Detectives can research your browsing history. Unless you go to a public library or something. Of course if it is in a crowded area, there will be hundreds of possible subjects

Watched one before that a guy killed his wife and cut the soles off his shoes and cut them into pieces then hid them in different spots around the house. They're obviously going to investigate the husband when a wife dies so why not burn them or throw them out far away. He even glued new soles on his old shoes.

Did you see that one with that chick who married this guy... and then right after the ceremony, she begs her husband to take her hunting lol. The husband was like WTF? So anyway, he decides to take her hunting, and the broad sneaks away and gets ahold of her ex husbands rifle... who is also there at the hunting grounds. She then snipes her new husband and collects the insurance money. The chick knew her ex husband would be at that particular hunting spot, so she decided to kill her husband, and frame her ex by using his rifle...2 birds with one stone.

But then like an idiot, she collects the money and goes to Atlantic City the next day... when she was supposed to be grieving lol.

I was a suspect in a murder long ago. The murder had happened in Canada, and I found out that I was a suspect by being contacted by the Ontario police (The OPP) by email. I was in Colorado at the time. A detective eventually called me, and asked me to send The OPP a sample of my DNA, so I went to the local police station, and the police took care of everything for me...even sent the sample to the OPP for me. I never heard from the OPP again. The DNA proved my innocence, I guess. THE PROBLEM IS, now it's gonna be a lot tougher to get away with murder, if I should ever want to do that, because my DNA is on file.

Damn too bad man

It depends on the police department if they make it a priority and they allocate all the resources toward it ,it can be solved.

most murder cases will go on the back burner and go unsolved because police departments won't put in the effort unless it becomes a priority.

I assume this apathy by law enforcement is also what keeps forensic technology from advancing even more.

Did you see that one with that chick who married this guy... and then right after the ceremony, she begs her husband to take her hunting lol. The husband was like WTF? So anyway, he decides to take her hunting, and the broad sneaks away and gets ahold of her ex husbands rifle... who is also there at the hunting grounds. She then snipes her new husband and collects the insurance money. The chick knew her ex husband would be at that particular hunting spot, so she decided to kill her husband, and frame her ex by using his rifle...2 birds with one stone.

But then like an idiot, she collects the money and goes to Atlantic City the next day... when she was supposed to be grieving lol.
Never saw that one but it sounds like the dumb mistakes made on the show.

Haven't read the thread but about 35% of murders go unsolved. Less than half of murder trials secure a conviction.

So, your chances of getting away with it are actually quite good. You have to basically be a complete fucking moron to get caught/convicted for murder.

This is true. Also people don't take into consideration if they have priors or not. If you've got a clean record and you can get rid of the evidence then you can more than likely get away with it.

Never saw that one but it sounds like the dumb mistakes made on the show.

Here's another one:

This guy kills his girlfriend in her house and sets the house on fire to destroy all of the evidence. He even creates a legit alibi. The detectives call the guy and tell him that his girlfriend's house has burned down. He starts acting hysterical, and "cries" over his diseased girlfriend. Problem is the detectives never mentioned that his girlfriend was dead. They just told him the house burned down lol.

It seems you are not down with O.P.P.

Back