how exactly did saenchai win this fight?

MMouse

Now you enter...the shredder
Banned
Reaction score
I have the most utter respect for the great saenchai and I was expecting him to not play around against this farang since he was putting alot of pressure on him (saenchai). But I didn't see anything impressive, he (saenchai) seemed just to play around and get smothered.

In R1, Saecnahi lands a head kick, body kicks, a few body punches, slick counter knees, puts him to the ground twice with teeps, sweeps the guy, catches a kick and puts him down, and does all that while evading and playing the matador. Collins threw a few leg kicks that were checked or insignificant, and got a few tie ups that ended in a whole lot of nothing.

Collins did better in round 2, especially with punches, but he was still missing a lot and Saenchai was landing counters the entire time. At 9:30 to 9:36 you'll see Saenchai land a kick and Collins follows that up with a grab, but what happens? Saenchai pulls Collins' head down, and lands a hard knee; this can't happen if you are the bigger, taller and stronger fighter... clinch fighter. At 9:54 Collins misses a punch and Saenchai spins to his back effortlessly. Again, this is not a good look if you are the clinch fighter. Saenchai is well ahead at this point.

In round 3, Saenchai is again controlling the fight while Collins moves forward.

Collins was more determined than many Saenchai opponents, but the fight was not really close. He made Saenchai work, but he was never winning, and it's not because he was a foreigner.

Lol Saenchai doesn't get out of first gear this days. I didn't see Saenchai get smothered as much as I saw him outland and embarrass the bigger skip <Moves>

Last edited:
We are so used to seeing Saenchai make his opponents looks like civilians that when a guy like this comes along and makes him actually try it can make it seem like he was doing better than he actually was. I was hoping the ref would have let them clinch more because that was the only part of the fight where Collins was scoring well.

Looked like any other of saenchai's muay thai fights.

What coca said pretty much. Chad is not a bad fighter either, had a good showing against Manasak not too long ago.

The way i saw it Saenchai was ahead on points from the first round and Chad never did enough to catch up. He had a good round 2 but apart from a few low kicks and an uppercut he didn't land many significant strikes. 3rd round was pretty uneventful and perhaps close but Saenchai still looked to be in control.

Chad had a good game plan though. That forward pressure is the way to fight Saenchai if you sre a taller guy. Some people just try to exchange kicks and obviously that doesn't work out well against Saenchai.

Last edited:
I'm surprised Collins swept Saenchai in the 1st round. Father time catches up to all of us.

Lol Saenchai doesn't get out of first gear this days. I didn't see Saenchai get smothered as much as I saw him outland and embarrass the bigger skip <Moves>

Has he fought any farangs were he kicked it into first gear

Has he fought any farangs were he kicked it into first gear

Glunder was one fight in my memory (may be others) where Saenchai seemed to be in deep waters. Saenchai copped a cut if i remembered correctly

Glunder didn't do much in that fight, mostly just walked forward and got swept repeatedly.

I would have given 2 and 3 to the Cracker, TS. 3 was basically a tossup, though. One was all Saenchai

Glunder was one fight in my memory (may be others) where Saenchai seemed to be in deep waters. Saenchai copped a cut if i remembered correctly

glunder would have been much further back on the score cards than collins under Thai scoring. In real muaythai sweeps score above everything and glunder would have had to of gotten a ko from the second round onwards.

collins apparently impressed the right people during the saenchai fight as this got announced today. Im still trying to find out the weight
20108208_721607088022397_5925594227582662424_n.jpg

collins apparently impressed the right people during the saenchai fight as this got announced today. Im still trying to find out the weight
20108208_721607088022397_5925594227582662424_n.jpg

good for chadd, certainly deserves it as saenchai is no easy tasks

Saenchai vs Saeksan who'd win at thid point?

Saenchai vs Saeksan who'd win at thid point?

Prime Saenchai would outclass him but I think Seksan's pressure and relentless clinching would wear out current day Saenchai in a 5 rounder. Wouldn't be surprised if Saenchai was able to win though, his technical skills are still with him.

Prime Saenchai would outclass him but I think Seksan's pressure and relentless clinching would wear out current day Saenchai in a 5 rounder. Wouldn't be surprised if Saenchai was able to win though, his technical skills are still with him.
Yeah i think if Saeksan wins it's not his wild strikes that will get him the win but rather the forward pressure.

Not sure if Saenchai can fight at 130 lbs anymore, the weight cut could be very rought, but I wonder how he would do against guys like Superlek, Pet U Thong, Panpayak, Petnamngarm etc. His last good win was against Nong-O in 2014, then he lost to Singdam and Petmorrakot

Last edited:
Saenchai was forced to dry out to 128 pounds and give up weight against petmotakot if I remember correctly. The odds were pretty even going into the fifth round too, petmorakot had to give everything he had to win that fight. No shame in that loss imo.

Edit: It was 129 and Petmorakot was 131.

Last edited:
Back