how does Semmy Schilt rank all time?

He has several spectacular KOs (and over insanely tough fighters like Sefo and Hunt). I find his KOs more impressive than any Aerts or Hoost have.

Hunt wasn't even training for K-1 at that point of his career and it was on short notice too, IIRC. He shouldn't have accepted that fight. I find Hoost's and Aerts' fights and wins all much more entertaining/impressive.

And they are both pretty short for HWs so they were at a massive disadvantage.

Last edited:
Hunt wasn't even training for K-1 at that point of his career and it was on short notice too, IIRC. He shouldn't have accepted that fight. I find Hoost's and Aerts' fights and wins all much more entertaining/impressive.

And they are both pretty short for HWs so they were at a massive disadvantage.

Aerts and Hoost are both 6'4, who exactly were they at a disadvantage against besides Hari and Schilt? Most of the fighters they fought were smaller than them.

I can see the nuthugging of a much smaller guy like Hug but the idea that Aerts or Hoost were at a significant disadvantage against the majority of the weight class is a fucking joke.

1. Peter Aerts.
2. Ernesto Hoost.
3. Semmy.

Hell, he's probably number one, but i rank him third because of his size. A true legend.

Aerts and Hoost are both 6'4, who exactly were they at a disadvantage against besides Hari and Schilt? Most of the fighters they fought were smaller than them.

I can see the nuthugging of a much smaller guy like Hug but the idea that Aerts or Hoost were at a significant disadvantage against the majority of the weight class is a fucking joke.

Dude, both Hunt and Sefo were at a huge disadvantage against Schilt. Not Hoost and Aerts against the division.

As far as I'm concerned, Semmy is an absolute legend. Not to be forgotten also that he had a great chin as well. I remember watching him eat a Brazilian kick from Feitosa and he still recovered super fast and went on to win the fight!

WSh1M8P.gif

Semmy didn't have a physical advantage

yeah he was 6f11 and 290lb but his power wasn't that special

Semmy didn't have a physical advantage

yeah he was 6f11 and 290lb but his power wasn't that special
Since when did physical advantage equate purely to power?

That's irrelevant as nearly 50% of his wins were by KO/TKO...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back