How do you think Canelo would have performed tonight vs GGG

soulless80

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The GGG we saw tonight? I think Canelo would have won. GGG looked like crap tonight.. Struggled and couldn't do much.

Canelo would beat GGG
Canelo would make him pay

would've destroyed him with counters

Jacob wasn't even doing anything extraordinary at all and GGG struggled. Canelo would have countered GGG all night and perhaps even put him away.

Well as Canelo's strategy for beating GGG is delay until age does most of the work for him, it doesn't matter how he would have done vs today's GGG.

He could have fought him already, chose not to. Coward.

Canelo doesn't have the reach to keep GGG off him like Danny did but I think he makes up for it with better defense inside and clean counter combos. Canelo is a better pure boxer than both these guys but they're both a fair bit bigger.

Hopefully the GGG hearthrob brigade chills with the unbeatable machine bs as he was getting clearly outboxed for big portions of this fight whether you think he won or not.

i hope Canelo will fight GGG soon. Got my $$$ on him. Jacob didn't seem as fast as Canelo and didn't have as much power. GGG looked ssssllllloooow.

Canelo doesnt have the reach or the feet to get off the ropes like Jacobs

Canelo doesnt have the reach or the feet to get off the ropes like Jacobs
GGG didn't displayed any dangerous power tonight. His hands were slow. Accuracy was low. Canelo, despite him being at a size disavantage, could have won the fight.. Canelo's movements, power, and speed is better than jacob's.

Jacobs size and skill is th reason GGG looked terrible tonight, Canelo doesnt have the footwork of Jacobs as already mentioned.

GGG didn't displayed any dangerous power tonight. His hands were slow. Accuracy was low. Canelo, despite him being at a size disavantage, could have won the fight.. Canelo's movements, power, and speed is better than jacob's.

GGG's handspeed has always been average. He was never at any point considered to be a quick puncher, just an accurate one.

GGG's handspeed has always been average. He was never at any point considered to be a quick puncher, just an accurate one.
he didn't looked accurate to me tonight. Canelo actually looks more accurate.

Canelo doesn't have reach or size on GGG, he would/will get starched.

Canelo KO's this version of GGG in 5 rounds if that.

GGG took shots from and was able to drop a guy that likely came in over 180 lbs and is a naturally bigger man.

Canela would have been a good boy. GGG isn't indestructible but Canela isn't the guy to "expose" him.

Canelo's combinations and handspeed are going to give GGG a lot of problems

Back