how do you give a good skull ride?

snowman22

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Everyone has grAppled against someone who's being a Dick. What's a good way to pay them back? I read on here a.skull ride is a good way. Any other tips?

Twister, but not bad enough to make them tap.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Didn't your mother ever teach you that?

Just try and stay away from training with them, that's the best way to pay them back

Two wrongs don't make a right. Didn't your mother ever teach you that?

I learned a lot of people take kindness or manners for weakness and keep being a Dick for as long as they can. So... Where's the best place to place your knee on the offending douches head?

To be honest, if you can't figure out a way to deal with it and you're asking for ways to get back at someone, then I would guess you're probably not skilled/experienced/strong enough to actually pull it off anyway.

Either cope with it, speak up and ask the guy to lighten up, or if you have the chops, get him back. Nothing anyone here tells you is going suddenly help you get the upper hand.

I learned a lot of people take kindness or manners for weakness and keep being a Dick for as long as they can. So... Where's the best place to place your knee on the offending douches head?

Very true.

Very true.

Not true. Having kindness and manners does not preclude one from dealing with confrontations effectively.

Routinely cowering in the face of poor treatment and accepting it while hiding behind the words of "kindness and manners" is what allows others to continue their poor treatment of you.

I have guys in my school that apply alot of pressure when they really dont have to. I give it back to them. Shoulder pressure from top side control is a good way to do it.

I've done skull rides on two noobs who purposefully tried to gouge me in the eyes, they were dicks and deserved it. Knee in the eye socket, on the cheek area covering the teeth, and on the temple are the most painful places.

It's not really a legit technique for sparring or friendly competition. There are seriously nasty techniques that are both legitimate and very painful; for example I use the Cyborg Knee Choke a lot, especially on people with long necks.

Not true. Having kindness and manners does not preclude one from dealing with confrontations effectively.

Routinely cowering in the face of poor treatment and accepting it while hiding behind the words of "kindness and manners" is what allows others to continue their poor treatment of you.

True. Kind yet assertive. It's all in the posture,another positive BJJ side effect.

I have guys in my school that apply alot of pressure when they really dont have to. I give it back to them. Shoulder pressure from top side control is a good way to do it.

I thought this was training. I'll take pressure all day. Knee on the face I can do without.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean that they "apply a lot of pressure when they really don't have to"? Like heavy kneed on belly? Heavy shoulder pressure from top half guard? Or, maybe the squeeze and squeeze where there's really nothing there?

Back