How do you get to work? What's your commute like?

Circa 30 min. with the bus during winter, 20 min. motorcycle ride rest of year

Right now 10 minute drive next month who knows could be 2 hours

I was driving 1 hour and 20 minutes for the past two years, each way (47 ish miles) That is a crazy long time for the northeast. Recently I cut that down to a 12 minute commute by car. Now I moved and it will go up a little to 23 minutes.

I'm in exactly the same situation as you @Roca . I'm actually going to buy a bike this weekend but holy phuck I didn't realise bikes were so expensive.

The drive is about 10 miles each way, and takes roughly 35 to 45 minutes.

Can you take a shower at work?
Just leave a 5-10 minutes earlier and feel awesome all morning at work.

I never understood people that do this, for a number of very legit reasons:

1. I walk out of that shower and people look at me, since most people don't do that.
2. Gross as fuck showering in a public place
3. I don't want to do preparatory things once I'm at work. I want to be all set.

I drive myself to different job sites. Last week we started on a site we're gonna be at for almost 2 years, so that's cool.

1. I walk out of that shower and people look at me, since most people don't do that.
3. I don't want to do preparatory things once I'm at work. I want to be all set.

oh yeah god forbid someone look at you...

<{walkerwhut}>

1. It's more like a personalised shower/changing area for one, my building has one on every floor.
2. wear some flip flops and it's not really an issue
3. fair enough

I'm a freelancer now and work from home so my commute involves me getting out of bed and turning on my computer...then promptly logging onto sherdog for threads about dogs in Korea.

I frame houses for a living so we go from job to job. Sometimes we even build in Georgia and North Carolina. The destination could be five minutes from my home one week and a few hours the next.

I ride in a work truck, but only as the passenger. I've been nominated as radio DJ and blunt roller by our crew. It's great not having to pay gas money and getting paid to travel.

My commute is awesome, my job on the other hand is a different story.

Um, that's a 9km drive, it would take me 2 hours to walk to work. There are no showers at work right now, we've asked to get them installed but it hasn't gone anywhere yet.

Media_bush_confused.jpg

I'm in exactly the same situation as you @Roca . I'm actually going to buy a bike this weekend but holy phuck I didn't realise bikes were so expensive.
Yeah. My boss has a bike that cost him over £2k, madness.

10 minute drive in the morning, 3.6 miles. 15-20 min drive home at night, same distance just more traffic. I used to live in an apartment a 45 second walk from work, that was fun but it made me incredibly lazy to the point where I'd be late most days, which was just ridiculous. Now I arrive 40 minutes before I start despite having to commute in...

Usually I drive. 22 kilometers, takes 25 to 60 min depending on traffic. 90 if its full Moscow rush hour clusterfuck.

My commute is approximately 125 kilometers each way, give or take a few depending on the route I take that day. Can take anywhere from 65 minutes with no traffic to 4 hours when stuck in the northbound cottage traffic on a Friday afternoon in the summer.

Back