How do you feel about Predator 2?

I like it. Not as much as I like the original. But it is one of the sequels to a movie that I really enjoyed.

Underrated movie

predator-2-night-scene.jpg

Lots of character:

'Voodoo fookin magic, man'

King Willy was badass

predator-ii-1920x720.jpg

As was his death

Gary Busey was great 'A fucking alien', as was Danny Glover 'It's like you're ripping off my own dick and sticking it up my ass'

Great fun

Last edited:
Its a good movie, but casting Danny Glover is one of the worst miscastings of all time.

You can't go from muscle-ripped Dutch, in the original, to this other character played by the actor most known for saying "I'm getting too old for this shit." But they did, and by the end of Predator 2, my ten year-old self thought if my dad took on a Predator he'd survive too... because that old & normal-sized black dude did.

They should have got Dolph Laundren as the lead character of Predator 2.

We were just discussing this movie the other day, so far I'm the only fan of it. The chasing of the predator throughout the city is awesome

This does feel like a bit of a greatest hits of late 80's action doesn't it? Glover and Busey from Lethal Weapon, Paxton from Aliens, Conchita Alonso from Running Man, Robert Davi from Die Hard all playing characters pretty similar to those films, plus the Predator himself of course.

As said I don't think its as good/focused as the original but its certainly a lot of fun.

I love P2. tbh probably more than P1. It was such a vivid and unique portrayal of LA. It was so hopeless and sweaty and dystopian. I was a little kid when I first saw it, and it wasn't the first American film I'd seen but for years afterwards it was what I thought America was - a terrifying, bloody full scale war between Colombians and Jamaicans. It was probably only when I saw Clueless that I realized that LA wasn't that bad

I love P2. tbh probably more than P1. It was such a vivid and unique portrayal of LA. It was so hopeless and sweaty and dystopian. I was a little kid when I first saw it, and it wasn't the first American film I'd seen but for years afterwards it was what I thought America was - a terrifying, bloody full scale war between Colombians and Jamaicans. It was probably only when I saw Clueless that I realized that LA wasn't that bad

Yeah growing up in the late 80's and early 90's in the UK Hollywood gave us the impression LA was more like Mogadishu, some brutal semi warzone.

I would point out Hollywood was obsessed with the year 1997 as some kind of dystopian nightmare year, this film uses it, Terminator obviously does, Wrath of Khan does as well.

The best was the news reported guy

“ king willy the vicious drug lord found in an alley with his spinal colum torn from the cadaver.”

It is a decent sequel. Like Conan the Destroyer, it doesn't really hurt anything. And given what has followed in the Predator "cinematic universe" it looks pretty damn good in retrospect.

conan the destroyer is abomination to the first film.

Predator 2 at least stays relevant to the story of the predator. Conan is a dufas in the sequel

conan the destroyer is abomination to the first film.

Predator 2 at least stays relevant to the story of the predator. Conan is a dufas in the sequel

I'd say Conan is slightly diminished in the second film. Abomination is something I'd save for Coward Molester Skywalker or Talk to the Hand Terminator.

I'd say Conan is slightly diminished in the second film. Abomination is something I'd save for Coward Molester Skywalker or Talk to the Hand Terminator.

Youre right, especially when you put it those terms

Its a good movie, but casting Danny Glover is one of the worst miscastings of all time.

You can't go from muscle-ripped Dutch, in the original, to this other character played by the actor most known for saying "I'm getting too old for this shit." But they did, and by the end of Predator 2, my ten year-old self thought if my dad took on a Predator he'd survive too... because that old & normal-sized black dude did.

They should have got Dolph Laundren as the lead character of Predator 2.
Disagree. The fact that he wasn't a badass tough guy made the movie more......I don't know what word I'm looking for but i liked him in it

Only watched it when it came out and thought it was garbage. Watched the end of Predator last night again and that movie still kills it.

Disagree. The fact that he wasn't a badass tough guy made the movie more......I don't know what word I'm looking for but i liked him in it

I can respect this opinion.

I don't agree, but I respect it.

But, lets be honest here, the only reason Glover was cast was to transfer some of the popularity of the Lethal Weapon movies into the Predator sequel.

Glover plays an old cop in LA in both series.

Back