How do you explain the "MMA GOAT" to your casual friends???

Summoning

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I said: "It´s a Russian dude who was 10 years undefeated at HW""

RhtbtZa.jpg

I said: " Some old guy who knocked out some old Russian dude".

Tell them watch him win his second title at UFC 226

Describing someone as "The Jordan of MMA" usually get's the job done.

It's what we are all waiting for. I think most MMA fans watch MMA to see when the greatest fighter of all time will come, we have had some close contenders but no clear absolute destroyer who retires undefeated and is unquestionable (like losing the moment he entered the UFC/failing drug tests/ ducking competition)

I don’t even try. I imagine it would be like someone making their case to me about their favorite cricket player. Would be totally lost on me.

I tell them it’s a 5’2 bald twitch streamer named Mighty Mouse who declines to fight his greatest challenge lol

Jk I say it’s GSP

I say the best I've ever witnessed in the cage is a dude who did blow, took dick pills, drove over pregnant ladies, and never lost a single fight in the octagon. But he's an idiot who got caught multiple times roiding up so it's hard to call him the GOAT.

The true GOAT is a nice French Canadian dude who was smarter, stronger, and more technically skilled than everyone he faced and knocked off the number 1 contenders one by one while going undefeated for the last decade. He's only lost two fights, none since 2007, and he subsequently dominated the rematches against the two fighters that ever beat him.

She acted in Expendables and one of the Fast and Furious movies, and fights in WWE now.

I tell them GOAT is a completely made up term that is subjective from person to person.

I used to point at the MW Champion of the world and tell them how he won the belt with one eye on 2 weeks notice. How all of his losses are to known PED/TRT users and when he finally got the shot, he fucking took it.

After GSP/Gastelum I just hide in the corner and hope nobody asks.

Why would I be explaining this to someone who has no interest?

So how's your daughter doing?

Fine. She's starting to talk now.

Cool beans. Let me explain to you about the MMA GOAT...

These hypothetical conversations ONLY exist in the Sherdog forum universe. It's like The Matrix, but a lot weirder.

Last edited:
I remember years ago telling two friends about Fedor and showing them this:
(One of them thought the speed had been increased at the Tim Sylvia part but the round timer shown it hadn't)

But now thanks to @Hrvman, in the future I'll show them this:

For those who want to understand who Fedor was and why we keep saying that Mirko vs Fedor was the biggest fight in MMA, please watch this 20 minutes video

There is no such thing as the greatest of all time. Don't waste your time chatting about it with them. Everyone can and does lose because of the huge number of ways to lose in a fight. That fact makes fights more fun and more exciting. Don't lead them down this pointless path.

A little Japanese man that weighed down his fight shorts just so he could beat much bigger men by flawless tenchnique and sheer determinantion.

Back