How do you all feel about young kids watching MMA fights?

Vicky

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
During the most recent episode of Dana White's Tuesday Night Contenders Series I noticed quite a few young children (probably ages 5 through 12 years old) in the audience. I assume they were watching their dad fight. Do you all think this is appropriate for young children especially family members? I'm not sure how I feel about it. I don't have children but I remember (vaguely, lol) not being allowed to watch horror movies as a kid (MMA didn't exist back then, lol).

I had UFC-like fights from about the 2nd grade up.

It's edumacation.

I watched mma when i was 8-10, right after randy beat belfort the first time. It was a good experience and taught me about what a real fight is like. serious shit. I would recommend it. Its no different than watching a boxing fight.

Kids play games where they can massacre civilians. Surely MMA fights will be what traumatizes them.

Only if they are in some martial arts practice.

Going through this now with my five year old.

He wants to get in to something, and his mother and I do too, but I dont want to show him UFC stuff until he's been through some practices.

He would just start kicking and punching everyone even more.

I think it depends on the kid. There's no one answer here.

if i told you how i feel about young kids i might end up in jail

I'm not letting my kids be pussies.

No SJW building in my home so they are watching.

It's not going to harm them. I watched some MMA as a kid, as well as playing m rated games, and watching r rated movies. Guess what, I'm not running around being violent. I'm so tired of hearing nonsense like this.

My kids like watching with me (7 & 9), I educate them on martial arts and they train Thai boxing so they're not exactly idiots when it comes to violence

It's not going to harm them. I watched some MMA as a kid, as well as playing m rated games, watching r rated movies. Guess what, I'm not running around being violent. I'm so tired of hearing nonsense like this.
I think the whole thing was all that stuff desensitizes kids to violence as opposed to making them violent.
During the most recent episode of Dana White's Tuesday Night Contenders Series I noticed quite a few young children (probably ages 5 through 12 years old) in the audience. I assume they were watching their dad fight. Do you all think this is appropriate for young children especially family members? I'm not sure how I feel about it. I don't have children but I remember (vaguely, lol) not being allowed to watch horror movies as a kid (MMA didn't exist back then, lol).
If I had kids I wouldn't let them watch until a certain age, maybe 13. Could I prevent them from ever seeing it from that age? Not likely considering I'd have them in BJJ as early as possible and I know they'd want to watch it.?

I support it. Kids are being coddled and growing up to be pussies these days,

It's no different than boxing

It's not going to harm them. I watched some MMA as a kid, as well as playing m rated games, watching r rated movies. Guess what, I'm not running around being violent. I'm so tired of hearing nonsense like this.

I just asked a question and didn't say I was for or against it. I do wonder about kids seeing their dad or mom beat up (if they are losing) but really don't have an opinion on it which is why I asked the question.

This is how the sport will get the best athletes. Think about it our current GOAT is a guy who didn't know what the sport was until he was like 20. The first generation with a few Belfort esque exceptions also started pretty late compared to the cult many parents have devloped preparing their children for football, baseball, basketball etc.

You've got plenty of little kids dreaming and preparing to try to go pro in a big 5 sport. We need this is MMA as well.

Back