How did Cain get hooked up so fast?

No one fought like him in Strikeforce or UFC, the cardio the pace the volume the takedowns the top control ground and pound no one even came close

Remember his fight with Kongo and thinking he was a can, I was wrong.

Remember his fight with Kongo and thinking he was a can, I was wrong.
975lpd.jpg

A dumb mexican? Got it
im white a proud of it. along with many other people here. but i cant get white pride tatted on my chest and and sign a UFC contract. it wont happen. and im being hypothetical OBV. im not a ufc caliber fighter, just making a point. I like Cain and i could give a fuck less about his tats but it wouldnt be allowed by on a white dude. but if you are mexican, black, or asian its cool. fuckin stupid imo

Because every once in awhile promoters aren't complete morons and read the writing on the wall. Everyone knew from back-room scouting that Cain, Weidman, Khabib, and Jones were monsters and would wreck their way to the top.

All of them did without exception, with varying levels of promotion over time. Khabib was stiffed because they had chosen a golden boy for his division, Weidman almost missed his shot because Anderson was using his leverage not to fight him, Jones was fast-tracked in the promotion sense and his personal shit ended up biting them, Cain was in a shallow division and then usurped the spot from the golden boy Brock so UFC had to fall in line.

he had no amateur record

UFC saw Cain train at sea level and couldn't resist signing him

He's a Heavyweight & the slightest prospect in that division gets more attention than those in lower weight classes. Plus he was coming out of a very well respected camp where everyone from coaches, sparring partners & journalists were singing his praises about what a great fighter he was going to be.

And he lived up to it, which kept the attention rolling. Sadly his body couldn't keep up or he'd have been the HW GOAT without a doubt.

Cain was good as fuck. He was a huge prospect that everyone was excited for. God damn this was like 12 years ago, I can’t believe Cain is that old now

His first pro mma fight was for Strikeforce. Third pro mma fight and he’s in the UFC (which I watched live in Montreal).

Did he have some insane amateur record? Good manager had connections? UFC desperate for HWs?

I'm pretty sure BJ Penn had his first pro MMA fight in the UFC, as did Amir Sadolha and possibly Matt Riddle but they came from tough. James Toney and CM Punk did too. If the UFC thinks they can make money off you it really doesn't matter how many fights you have.

Back