How did Cain get hooked up so fast?

His first pro mma fight was for Strikeforce. Third pro mma fight and he’s in the UFC (which I watched live in Montreal).

Did he have some insane amateur record? Good manager had connections? UFC desperate for HWs?
who gives a fuck. he's not a fighter anymore.

giphy.gif

Unless you are some one like Joe Riggs or Mike Pyle, who just woefully under perform live and is a world beater in the gym, youre basically going to know how a fighter will look in cage, based on their in gym performances. Guys like Conor were heralded as the one that would dethrone Conor years before it happened, Cain and Khabib were said to be future champs and a guy like Pico is said to be the future (and looking like it).

I remember watching his Strikeforce fight live in 2006. Cain looked like Khabib in quick motion. He bashed the opponent's face from side control, crucifix, etc.

Dana was also at the same event and he most likely was impressed and gave Cain a contract.

Dana quickly weaponized Cain's lack of experience when he almost ditched every AKA fighter over that video game

He was scouted. Dude was a solid prospect coming out of well regarded gym.

Dana quickly weaponized Cain's lack of experience when he almost ditched every AKA fighter over that video game

As far as Dana/Zuffa's scumbag moves go, that one doesn't get enough play. I guess that it was so long ago that a lot of the people who were fans back then aren't around anymore.

While we're on the topic, any news on Cain? Is dude officially retired yet?

I thought I read they had a very hard time finding him opponents on the low level circuit. Like guys would back out....

The same reason Yair got hooked up so fast. But to be fair, Yair was handed cans....not so much for Cain.

Kah-Yeen Velasquez. Aka Cayenne Velasquez. He beat the fuck outta the first 2 dudes he fought. Brad Morris and Dennis Stojnic i think?

So I looked it up. He had 2 pro fights. First was in Fresno for strikeforce then 2 months later in Russia for Bodog. After that they had a hard time finding him opponents so he had a tryout/workout with Dana after his management contacted the UFC

So, the proper pronunciation, yea I member that too

That's what I figured. Pronounced like Efrain. I always wondered why they did that and then just simply went back to the normalized Cain.

As far as Dana/Zuffa's scumbag moves go, that one doesn't get enough play. I guess that it was so long ago that a lot of the people who were fans back then aren't around anymore.
What was this about I don't think I've heard of it?

~DaViD~

His first pro mma fight was for Strikeforce. Third pro mma fight and he’s in the UFC (which I watched live in Montreal).

Did he have some insane amateur record? Good manager had connections? UFC desperate for HWs?
strikeforce took a chance on him since aka in san jsoe and bellator was based in san jose.

I would say ufc liked what they say in those 2 first round kos and the rest is history

HEY I can answer the question with a funny joke:

How'd Cain get to the UFC so fast?
Because he is Mexican and there was some sort of affirmative action thing going on !!!

Isn't that a good one? Glad I could be the first one in this thread to tell it !!!

Back