How can WME expect a 450 million per year TV deal with garbage ratings and low PPV numbers?

Not A Real Fan

Deep State Agent assigned to monitor Sherdog
Banned
Reaction score
WME would have to give up PPV and offer Conor on free TV multiple times a year to justify a 450 million dollar price tag.

Does WME expect to offer the same watered down low ratings product and get three times what they currently get? What network would be stupid enough to even offer 450 million?

I realize WME will end up settling for a lower amount but even 300 million would be too much.

12-17-17 EDIT

Saturday night's UFC on FOX show from Winnipeg did 1.78 million viewers and an 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demo on the fast nationals, making it the lowest number ever for the sixth annual December network prime time special, and third lowest ever.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/12...-dos-anjos-lawler-fight-delivers-poor-numbers

Last edited:
Always ask for more when you expect less.

I guess we will have to see.

Guessing here but to some TV networks an exclusive UFC deal might be a big needle mover to make them sell a bunch of expensive package deals.

Imagine you've got an expensive sports package you might figure you can bake the UFC into it and thus force fans to buy a lot more than they want.

It would probably work on someone like me. (If I wasn't so used to streaming etc) - I'm kinda into NHL and soccer. If I was told I could get the UFC if I made it a package deal of 3 sports I'd get NHL, the brittish soccer league and UFC.

Last edited:
As @Emjay would say (god bless his soul), ratings (and rankings) don't mean anything.

Guessing here but to some TV networks an exclusive UFC deal might be a big needle mover to make them sell a bunch of expensive package deals.

Imagine you've got a sports package and the UFC would be something that would bring in a lot of new customers that buy the entire thing.

With low ratings and PPV buys, I don't know about a whole lot of new customers.

100k buys is 5 million in PPV revenue if it cost 50 a pop

The ppv company takes half.

They made 2.5 million from UFC 215 PPV only. That is peanuts.

100k buys is 5 million in PPV revenue if it cost 50 a pop

The ppv company takes half.

They made 2.5 million from UFC 215 PPV only. That is peanuts.

You forgot about fighter pay, you forgot about the cost to put on an event which is a lot.

I believe it cost 150k ppv buys to cover the costs of operation.

The TV-Deal might be worth that much, quite actually.

Fox really depends on that UFC content, quite a high percentage of content on FOX is UFC or UFC related.
WME has leverage, Amazon is interested in broadcasting and tons of other companies, too. Whoever gets the TV deal will pay close to that amount of money mentioned.

UFC shills need to face reality.

The Ferttitas conned WME.

PPV model is dying/dead. TV/Streaming content is where the money is now, NHL isnt huge in the US and got a 2B TV deal. Depending on the network/deal, if the network takes on the production costs (or majority of) thats another way to cut costs. They just have to put on solid cards, no more of the usual Fight Night stuff with 1 contenders fight and 2 hrs of filler that casuals dont know about

Sherdog financial experts talking about 9 figure evaluations.

Sherdog financial experts talking about 9 figure evaluations.
Some of us are probably smarter than they are. Why the hell netflix or someone hasn't made a deal is beyond me. I can see hulu, HBO go or someone picking it up.

Don't leave us hanging, TS

Since you are so knowledgeable on the subject and know what it isn't worth please break it down and let us know what it is worth.

Some of us are probably smarter than they are.

693.gif

Back