How can WME expect a 450 million per year TV deal with garbage ratings and low PPV numbers?

WME would have to give up PPV and offer Conor on free TV multiple times a year to justify a 450 million dollar price tag.

Does WME expect to offer the same watered down low ratings product and get three times what they currently get? What network would be stupid enough to even offer 450 million?

I realize WME will end up settling for a lower amount but even 300 million would be too much.
That's y they making that big fox card

Some of us are probably smarter than they are. Why the hell netflix or someone hasn't made a deal is beyond me. I can see hulu, HBO go or someone picking it up.

Not gonna lie, I download every UFC event after the fact. But if they were all on Netflix, I'd probably pay the $11 a month and get Netflix to watch them when I wanted.

Fox paid $200M for World Cup soccer when there was only a remote chance team USA would not qualify but oops didn’t make it after all. Fair chance Fox fretting over that deal but they might recover next tournament though another 4 years out.

UFC which is all year with Americans so should be worth at least as much but agree probably not much more doubt $400M.

It would not be hard to come up with TV content that crushes the UFC tv events in ratings given 450 million to work with.

I love how people just correct someone off of assumptions without taking a minute to check if it's right....

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/u...-145-000-buys-required-to-break-even.2528167/

mic-micdrop-owned-gif-5912938

It depends entirely on who is fighting. Some cards carry massive fighter payrolls compared to others (both in guaranteed pay and in PPV revenue, which is only contingent on buy numbers in any case). Some cards carry low payrolls.

Only way you can get people to watch advertisements on tv these days is with live content.

Guessing here but to some TV networks an exclusive UFC deal might be a big needle mover to make them sell a bunch of expensive package deals.

Imagine you've got an expensive sports package you might figure you can bake the UFC into it and thus force fans to buy a lot more than they want.

It would probably work on someone like me. (If I wasn't so used to streaming etc) - I'm kinda into NHL and soccer. If I was told I could get the UFC if I made it a package deal of 3 sports I'd get NHL, the brittish soccer league and UFC.

Haha that seems like a unique list of sports to be into, good on ya. Makes me curious where you're from. I could see a British guy being into soccer and fighting, but hockey would be random. I'm into NHL and fighting, but makes sense given I'm from Canada (soccer would be random for me). Scandinavia would make sense since they're into hockey and soccer (gotta be one of the only areas that's into both of those sports on a big scale).

WME are idiots that bought the UFC when it was at it's peak point (Ronda + McGregor).

It's only downhill from there.

Dumbasses, seriously? You've been sitting on a website talking shit for the best part of 6 years yet they're dumbasses? You don't evaluate a $4 billion investment after just over a year, that alone tells me you guys are frauds who really know jack shit about business.

Stop it, you're not sticking it to the corporate section & Dana White by sitting in your basements pretending you have a clue
Triggered Dana?

Triggered Dana?
I don't mind those type of replies, it just means you have nothing to refute what I said. Call me Dana, call me Ari, call me the great Lorenzo Fertitta himself!

It would not be hard to come up with TV content that crushes the UFC tv events in ratings given 450 million to work with.
Well that's another completely false statement, the UFC is the only sports rights property on the market.

I heard Amazon is interested. That would be cool if that happened. Start an Amazon sports streaming channel.

How much would you say?

I don't know, but I know for a fact that they made profit with UFC 191, that goes to show how low the production cost and fighter cost for the UFC actually are or rather can be - downright criminal.

If they'd pay their fighters a fair amount, I'm sure that his (the guy I quoted) number would be more accurate, it may be accurate for that event (if they expected it to do better) but as of right now they even make a (small, obviously) profit with the 115k they did with DJ vs Dodson.
But I'm guessing this is only true if they EXPECT the PPV buys to be low, for example if they thought Tony vs Lee would do good they probably spent way more on production and promotion - and if the buys are lower than expected then they probably didn't make a profit. But if they expect events to do bad (like UFC 215) they'll keep costs low and still make profit or at least break even.

But one thing we can all agree on is: PPV is dying.
Outdated model, especially in Europe and Asia. I can not fathom the amount of money UFC is missing by not putting free prelims on facebook followed by a little bit cheaper main-card on Facebook, Amazon or even Netflix and market them differently, and finally move away from this boxing business model. Because I can guarantee that pretty much no Russian (for example) is going to pay that amount of money to see a PPV. But that country should already be a huge market, especially with the amount of great fighters in the UFC that come from there.

But I'm guessing TV deals around the world are definitely the target and the future, and will benefit us (the MMA-Community) greatly.

ITT: Sherdoggers educating an army of ivy league lawyers and accountants from multi-billion dollar corporations.

Why do people like you have to post this smarmy shit all the time? If 'Ivy league' lawyers and accountants were never wrong Goldman Sachs, Bear Stearns and the rest of the banks wouldn't have been on their knees 7 or 8 years ago....I mean it's not like they are employing random sherdoggers to run their investment arms!

Whilst perhaps things are better behind the scenes than they look to us then there are surely problems at the UFC, we are the consumers, and if the most enthusiastic consumers are on here expressing displeasure with the product then there is an issue, one that is being reflected in sales.
Maybe this is all part of a bigger plan but we can only comment on what we can see and that is PPV numbers are down and no stars outwith Conor, bars are not showing fights like they used to and its clear that the fan base is dwindling.

TLDR: you are an irritating, sneering, smug cunt with nothing of value to add to the conversation.

I've been saying this for a while now. Besides the tv deal how about paying the 4bill loan too? I think I read the interest alone on that was 400 mil a year.

I don't mind those type of replies, it just means you have nothing to refute what I said. Call me Dana, call me Ari, call me the great Lorenzo Fertitta himself!
The great Lorenzo Ferttita conned WME.

Some of us are probably smarter than they are. Why the hell netflix or someone hasn't made a deal is beyond me. I can see hulu, HBO go or someone picking it up.

Netflix picking up UFC would be brilliant.

UFC has good value because the NFL is now a ratings shit show. Pretty soon only Tyrone Woodley and his pals will be the only NFL viewers.

Back