How can The Rock be this jacked at 45?

What are the stipulations?

With the Rock's money, time, and anabolics, I'd say it'd be doable in 6 months. A year, easily.

I don't know the legality of pumping random people full of PED's, but I think it would still be interesting to see what could be done in 365 days with "regular" people starting somewhat from square one.

I'm sure it would make TV sense to choose people with decent genetic makeup, in reasonably good health, maybe age 18-35, and that look good on camera, so that rules me out. But I'd love to take a year off from work and just train, and I've never had a coach, so I'd jump at the chance.

-- from what I've seen, Johnson does BB'er type stuff (moderate weights for 10-20 reps), nothing too frightening weight-wise.

Stan Efferding vs The Rock.

Would watch.

peanuts, duh, why do you think elephants are so big and strong?

Genetics
PEDS
Experience lifting
$$$ for drugs and food
And time to do w.e the fck he wants.

W.e Im all up for it. He setting the bar much higher for males that you can still peak, look good and enjoy life after 40's. So lets thank him.

Rather than being 40+, miserable and out of shape.

Even if drugs werent involved. Look at guys like mayweather and hopkins. Guys are still keeping in shape and looking good for their age.

protein shakes after workouts.

it works 100%

...and a shitload of steroids

His body is his source of income. He's charismatic but I don't think he'd have many movie roles if he weighed a buck sixty and had a little potbelly. Fantastic genetics, I'm sure he puts in the work in the gym, I'm sure he has a strict diet...

I've always wanted to see a reality show where they take a group of shmoes, take them out of their jobs, give them a trainer and a dietician and all the medical, chiros, massage therapy, etc. for a full year, and just see how jacked people could get if that was their entire focus, with top-notch support and direction.
I'd watch that!

dwayne_johnson_the_rock_04.jpg

Test, GH and Anavar... all legally prescribed by his doc.

Genetics
PEDS
Experience lifting
$$$ for drugs and food
And time to do w.e the fck he wants.

W.e Im all up for it. He setting the bar much higher for males that you can still peak, look good and enjoy life after 40's. So lets thank him.

Rather than being 40+, miserable and out of shape.

Even if drugs werent involved. Look at guys like mayweather and hopkins. Guys are still keeping in shape and looking good for their age.

Honestly with continued advances in medical and exercise science I don't see why anyone can't stay in good shape into their 40s and even 50s. I mean how old is Louis simmons and he still trains does he?.I remember in high school my biology teacher talked about a study where senior citizens used weight training to reverse the affects of osteoporous. I always preferred stone colds build to the rocks though . his looked more natural.

Because it is. And HGH. He's rich as fuck, now. He can afford allllll the good shit. And he's not beating the utter shit out of his body with wrestling anymore so, when he's not acting and doing other awesome shit, he can just focus on getting jacked as fuck.
This.

45 is nothing nowadays, as long as you are relatively healthy.

He's rich, can afford the best diet, the best supplements, stacks, etc etc.

I don't know the legality of pumping random people full of PED's, but I think it would still be interesting to see what could be done in 365 days with "regular" people starting somewhat from square one.

I'm sure it would make TV sense to choose people with decent genetic makeup, in reasonably good health, maybe age 18-35, and that look good on camera, so that rules me out. But I'd love to take a year off from work and just train, and I've never had a coach, so I'd jump at the chance.

-- from what I've seen, Johnson does BB'er type stuff (moderate weights for 10-20 reps), nothing too frightening weight-wise.
Ya I've seen Johnson's workouts, BBish, not that heavy. I mean the dude is big and strong enough, looking jacked is a smarter route to go.

Honestly, I would much rather look like John Stamos.

He's like at the peak! I know some would say its because of steroids but I'm pretty sure if he's taking steroids he didn't start taking them right now. He must have been taking them since his WWE days (because of the recovery and what not)

Here's what he looked like in WWE

Dwayne-Johnson-The-Rock-Superman.jpg

He drinks GOMAD, hits the big three really fucking hard. Then cools down with a crossfit workout personally tailored for him by Greg Glassman.

Because it is. And HGH. He's rich as fuck, now. He can afford allllll the good shit. And he's not beating the utter shit out of his body with wrestling anymore so, when he's not acting and doing other awesome shit, he can just focus on getting jacked as fuck.

As eloquent as your reply is, including your statement that "he can just focus on getting jacked as fuck" the ofcus he has is doubtfully better than it was in the past. What he is able to do now that, as you put it, "He's not beating the utter shit out of his body with wrestling anymore", is he's able to dedicate the next several days after a workout to recovery! Poor wrestling was making inroads into the limited recovery capabilities any human being has, and humans vary greatly in their recovery ability. Recovery ability is a genetic trait. So is height. Just as you have midgets on the far left of the continuum and giants on the other extreme, so too do people vary in their genetically programmed recovery abilities from high intensity work. You have midgets of recovery ability and giants of recovery ability, one of whom is Schwarzenegger. he was certainly as or more jacked than this at 45 years old!

Considering the many wrestlers who had even better physiques than The Rock when they were all still wrestling, I would estimate that The Rock is not a giant of recovery ability and now that he's not taxing his already limited recovery ability with wrestling, he is able to dedicate all of his recovery ability to building muscle.

Same as other people have pointed out - he's a multi-millionaire, he can afford to eat as much food as he wants, he's able to get the best supplements and he's able to use steroids without doing any harm to other people, as he isn't competing.

I've heard he works out at least 4 hours a day, and another thing to keep in mind is that he is 45. Now that would initially sound like a disadvantage but think of the amount of experience he has working out. He undoubtedly knows how to get the best workout in the least amount of time, so that he can work out some more. I'd be very surprised if he is anything but a wealth of fitness knowledge. I know barely anything about S&C but I'd like to imagine by the time I'm in my forties that I'd know more than what I do now.

no doubt he's taking Flintstones vitamins. he's gotten bigger since leaving WWE because he has access to the best vitamins, diet and training regimen. back when he was in WWE, his training and diet slacked because he was on the road all the time. being a top hollywood actor, they basically have a dedicated chef and a gym for him on set

Back