How can anyone argue that Hoost is not the GOAT kickboxer? | Page 2

Discussion in 'Muay Thai and Kickboxing' started by truthisfreedom, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Sanchoy muay thai ownage

Sanchoy
    • Below is WGP Record for hoost
    • THE 2X LOST TO SAPP IS BIG, AS HE WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO EVEN MAKE IT TO 2002 WGP FINALS- BIG ASTERICK so 2002 WGP should not have taken place

2. truthisfreedom Green Belt

truthisfreedom
    You're reaching very far with this, Vaio is 100% correct.

Schilt came across as somewhat of a lumbering giant, but less so than others his size; he had very good speed and technique FOR HIS SIZE. He had nowhere near the same skill as Hoost, Aerts or Hari, or Saki.

And vaio is correct to use that example......Would Schilt have gone as far as he did if he was the same size as his opponents, and didn't outsize/ outweigh them by almost 100 lbs? I think you know the answer to that.

To disagree with the fact that Schilt's main asset was his size is absolutely ridiculous and reeks of biased fanboyism.

There's a reason why weight classes are a thing, and fighters have huge advantage over others with only a 15 more lbs of weight. Imagine having a 60 - 70 - or 100 lb weight advantage.....and you're gonna pretend that didn't play a factor? LMAO

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  3. Snubnoze707 High Level

Snubnoze707
    But if you take away his size you take away his lumbering giant fighting style, you can't have it both ways. He fights like that because of his body type, and he found a way to properly use it when most men that size don't know how to use that frame to it's full potential. Weight advantages after 200lbs are inconsequential, and can even be a detriment.

4. truthisfreedom Green Belt

truthisfreedom
    Don't try to obfuscate.

Fact: Schilt needed to be twice the size of his opponents in order to achieve the same amount of GP wins as Hoost, who was generally smaller than his opponents.

5. Shadess Brown Belt

Shadess
    To quote the great snubby

Mafanofe and Snubnoze707 like this.
  6. Snubnoze707 High Level

Snubnoze707
    You are the one obfuscating. You created an elaborate world where Schilt is normal size but still fights with awkward giant man mechanics.

What Schilt needed to win those GP's were to punch and kick his opponents into submission or decision while not having the same done to himself. He accomplished that. No need to obfascate the situation...

7. truthisfreedom Green Belt

truthisfreedom
    So is your argument that the fact that him being twice the size of his opponents and outweighed them by 60- 80 lbs, didn't give him a huge advantage?

Ok so boxing and the mma should get rid of weight classes then because they shouldn't matter , right?

For the first fight, lets schedule GSP vs Cain Velasquez. Clearly a fair fight, according to you...

8. VinceF Yellow Belt

VinceF
    Bob sapp disagrees

9. Snubnoze707 High Level

Snubnoze707
    According to me? Quit making idiotic straw man arguements and putting words in my mouth. You aren't worth a debate, I made my points.

Shadess likes this.
  10. truthisfreedom Green Belt

truthisfreedom
    You didn't make any points, you just made ridiculous claims to validate the idiotic thought that being twice as big as his opponents didn't give Schilt any advantage when fighting them.

To tie it all together, Hoost did the same thing, with 0 size advantage. So to say that Schilt is somehow a better kickboxer is quite literally, completely idiotic.

No advantage at all....( the guy on the right is 6'6 by the way...)
    hqdefault22.jpg

11. Tayski 極真 มวยไทย

Tayski
    Schilt wasn't "twice" the size of his opponents. Besides it was called Open Weight for a reason.

If being tall with a big reach was the main key to success then Stefan Struve would be the reigning UFC HW championn.

rorschach51 likes this.
  12. Shadess Brown Belt

Shadess
    There's diminishing returns to size, once you get in that 1.9m/100kg range more doesn't automatically mean better. Schilt managed to keep it all relatively together for such a huge guy.

UWanaPlayDaGame likes this.
  13. truthisfreedom Green Belt

truthisfreedom
    This is a weak excuse that only people trying to discredit Hoost's accomplishments use.

There are weight class in combat sports for a reason.

14. Shadess Brown Belt

Shadess
    Who here is trying to discredit Hoost's accomplishments?

UWanaPlayDaGame and Tayski like this.
  15. Snubnoze707 High Level

Snubnoze707
    He must be used to "heavies" level arguements, I guess?

Not worth putting our efforts into.

rorschach51 and UWanaPlayDaGame like this.
  16. Tayski 極真 มวยไทย

Tayski
    There's no excuse and nobody trying to discredit Hoot's accomplishments, many consider him one of the GOAT's of kickboxing, including myself. You're the one discrediting Schilt's accomplishment if anything just because of his size. How come Choi Hong-man and Kim Young-hyun weren't great champions then?

There were no weight classes in the K-1 open weight WGP's, and there isn't any weight classes in the main Kyokushin world tournaments either.

Besides, even if Schilt was fighting in boxing or MMA today he would still be in Heavyweight, most likely fighting guys the same size as the K-1 fighters he was fighting lol.

17. Tayski 極真 มวยไทย

Tayski
    To this day I still wonder why the "heavies" are called the "heavies". I know who they are, just not why the name.

18. Snubnoze707 High Level

Snubnoze707
    It used to be called "The Heavyweight Forum", in reference to the UFC being the top dog. Worldwide used to be "The Contender Forum" and this used to be the "K-1 Kickboxing Forum"...

I got them to change it to Muay Thai and Kickboxing :cool:

rorschach51 likes this.
  19. Tayski 極真 มวยไทย

Tayski
    [​IMG]

20. shino Blue Belt

shino
    You teach me to football Hoost? Jk. Anyway you look at it he was the shit and fun to watch.