How are Mexican ethnicity fighters so good?

Khabib is pure white, but like Joe Rogan said "Russians/dagestanis are a different breed of white people"

What's your definition of "pure" White? He's for sure not "pure" if you go by, say, the Nazi's definition of whites, where one is blonde hair with blue eyes.

Khabib is caucasian-middle eastern mix. There are 13 or more different ethnic groups in Degastan.

yes, just like the fact that there are no top Asian fighters, the top 'Asian' ones are mixed with white: Max Holloway, BJ Penn, Machida. Even Bruce Lee is quarter White

Lol mma is the only real sport you guys have left huh?

Pretty much every ethnicity has their fair share of quality fights, aside from Asians
This. Is Ortega even Mexican- isn't he spanish/south american rather than Mexican? Every ethnicity has their fair share of quality fighters if you widen the boundaries. The Diaz brothers also, in an area like California where there's a lot of mixing between white and hispanic people it's hard to call some of these younger guys Mexican just because they have a spanish surname.

My guess its a combination of "machismo" (men got to be tough) and a good outlook at combat sports (wrestling and boxing), so if one day a kid says that he wants to fight his parents will probably say "sure, its a good influence and will keep you out of the streets".

If an asian kid says "I want to fight", his parents will beat the crap out of him and tell him to study.

They are good in boxing because they live close to USA and they have a bit of that culture, thats why they like also American sports like Baseball and Football, thats rare in Latin America

yes, just like the fact that there are no top Asian fighters, the top 'Asian' ones are mixed with white: Max Holloway, BJ Penn, Machida. Even Bruce Lee is quarter White

Wait, are you claiming skin color now? The thread was about Mexican ethnicity, not skin color. I find it funny that people like the one guy in your avatar support building a wall to keep Mexican immigrants out, yet when they start to have success, they get claimed to be "white." LOL.

I'm not Mexican, but I'm giving credits and respects where its due. F*** racism and the racial divisiveness.

EDIT: This post below is the perfect example of what I'm talking about: (Not a surprise at his avatar)
This. Is Ortega even Mexican- isn't he spanish/south american rather than Mexican? Every ethnicity has their fair share of quality fighters if you widen the boundaries. The Diaz brothers also, in an area like California where there's a lot of mixing between white and hispanic people it's hard to call some of these younger guys Mexican just because they have a spanish surname.

Last edited:
i dont think they are. infact i kinda think the only good mexican fighters are the ones who are half white aka ortiz, ferguson, diaz bros. then again that more comes down to size so perhaps im being a bit hard on the smalller fighters.

mind you a mexican mma team would prob beat a current australian one.

boxing has had so many.

And now in mma aswell this Ortega kid is a damn beast.
Its just culture.. mexicans takena huge interest in combat soorts long ago.. they love boxing and their wrestling.. why wouldnt they grow to love mma too?

They are "mexican" like how guys like Edgar is an "italian" they are ethnic for Americans, but wouldnt fit in their ancestors countries.

Its just culture.. mexicans takena huge interest in combat soorts long ago.. they love boxing and their wrestling.. why wouldnt they grow to love mma too?

Pretty much this, boxers are probably the most respected athletes in Mexico.

Soccer may be more popular overall, but boxers are more respected as "true athletes" while soccer players are seen as divas.

Soccer may be more popular overall, but boxers are more respected as "true athletes" while soccer players are seen as divas.

Thanks for understanding my typos.. a bit drunk from a night out..

What's your definition of "pure" White? He's for sure not "pure" if you go by, say, the Nazi's definition of whites, where one is blonde hair with blue eyes.

Khabib is caucasian-middle eastern mix. There are 13 or more different ethnic groups in Degastan.
Yeah he's an avar from Dagestan, its own group with no middle eastern mixture, a pure Caucasian group.

Ortega is a Mexican-American both his parents were born in Mexico.

Go watch the embedded he talks about it

do you think mexico loses its status to kazakhs, uzbeks amd tajiks in the near future ?

i read on a boxing forum that the best amateurs and rising stars are coming out of the stans. for the weight divisions hispanics usually fight in anyway.

it was more of a topic debating the future popularity of boxing and how it will be difficult to sell nersan aslanbek etc etc in america.

They are "mexican" like how guys like Edgar is an "italian" they are ethnic for Americans, but wouldnt fit in their ancestors countries.
Yeah good point, the italian-american's are a good example. If you're from a foreign country you look at them as American but within the country there's still that ethnic element.

They are good in boxing because they live close to USA and they have a bit of that culture, thats why they like also American sports like Baseball and Football, thats rare in Latin America

Ya, theres barely any baseball players in Latin America at all.....

{<huh}{<huh}{<huh}

Ortega is a Mexican-American both his parents were born in Mexico.

Go watch the embedded he talks about it
Yeah just google image search and he looks very Mexican. Had a different picture in my head. In conclusion though I think that Mexicans have a reputation for being "real" fighters who have a lot of grit and spirit...but each culture/ethnicity has it's fair share of fighters. Because of the weight-class element fighting removes a lot of that genetic/hereditary component. You have a far more eclectic group of individuals and ethnicities in mma then you do at the top level of other sports.

Yeah he's an avar from Dagestan, its own group with no middle eastern mixture, a pure Caucasian group.

Dagestani people is a mix of Euro-Middle Eastern (Arab, Turkish, Persian)-Slavic.

kb-mecca.png

ODlgSiuISbM.jpg

images

Mexican fighters always have great chins and are very durable. Its very rare to get a Mexican fighter with a glass chin. I'm sure someone will gif me just to be annoying, but you know what I mean!.. they always tend to have great chins.

Back