How about Glover Teixeria vs Shogun Rua?

glover seems to be trying to get a title shot. how is a win against shogun getting him a title shot?

LHW is abysmally shallow atm and Gus is injured, Jones is AWOL, Volkan has a fight, etc

Shogun is still ranked top 10. A win over him wouldn't be close to being the weirdest catapult to a title shot we've seen

He's got one win left to get that shot, and guys like Glover are in this position cause LHW is so weak. I mean for crying out loud Volkan Oezdemir got the shot after a split with OSP, KO over Misha and a KO over Manuwa who are three guys who are not proven top LHWs. The three of them combined have like a few top 10 wins. He's that close cause timing works in his favor, he just fought and won and Cormier/Volkan is in exactly 1 month and Gus is injured.....if the LHW title fight was in May then time doesnt work for him and he has to fight more. I personally dont mind Glover getting a shot if Cormier/Volkan are champ cause its a fresh match up we've never seen before. I think Gus is the #1 contender.
OK just wondering... Are you Glover? Lol

Shogun just had surgery, AGAIN... when the heck is he supposed to be back?

Agreed.

Two slow old warriors.
Good fight to headline a card in Brazil.

Why do people keep calling it crazy?Everyone complains and cries about how horrible the LHW division is right now but they can't fathom that Glover could possibly get a title shot with Gus injured for quite a while?Who would be in front of Glover after Volkan while Gus is injured?Manuwa,OSP?Lol use your brains.

Champion : Daniel Cormier
1 Alexander Gustafsson
2 Volkan Oezdemir
3 Glover Teixeira
4 Jimi Manuwa
5 Ovince Saint Preux
6 Mauricio Rua
7 Misha Cirkunov
8 Corey Anderson
9 Ilir Latifi
10 Patrick Cummins
11 Rogerio Nogueira
12 Gadzhimurad Antigulov
13 Tyson Pedro
14 Jared Cannonier
15 Jan Blachowicz
he isn't injured for quite a while, he could fight DC after he fights volkan, around mid next year. but I believe DC will push for the shogun fight

I think that's a great matchup and makes sense given where they're both at in their careers. Also, stylistically they are a good matchup. Likely to be a standup battle between to sluggers.

Manuwa vs Shogun makes more sense, imo.

Glover should be fighting DC/Volkan loser next or Manuwa/Shogun winner

Would be awesome to see shogun fighting for the title one more time but I dont see how he beats DC. He can beat glover though I think.

Shogun wants to fight a bigger name.

He’s not afraid or anything, and he isn’t scared of Glover, he just wants to fight a really big name.

Maybe catch weight with Erik Silva.
Too much, too soon for Shogun.

Give shogun title shot already he would sell ppv better than otger fighters

he isn't injured for quite a while, he could fight DC after he fights volkan, around mid next year. but I believe DC will push for the shogun fight

I was implying if Gus is still injured.I want Gus to fight first of course,I was just saying if and that's not a long shot with Gus,he's injured a lot.

Back