House Democrat: I Would Trade the Wall for a DACA Bill— We Can Tear It Down in a Couple of Years

So you don't believe that they needed to pay $17 to have the fields picked or they would lose thousands for lost crops... I don't believe he would lie about his and his father Business struggles.

I think $17 is fair for no skills at all and straight Labor. You can't really improve work enviourments in AZ to much. It's hot as hell out here.

You need to come to terms that alot of Americans won't do jobs no matter what.. they say it's $ issues, then they'll say it's not what they envision themselves doing. Then you have Americans think the job is below them.

You can stay blind and keep making excuses for them.

Ill bet at 100 an hour you could easily keep americans in the fields all day.

If the wall does get built in its dreamed up form of a concrete monolith

Are you sure that's the form Trump intends for it? I've witnessed him claim otherwise on multiple occasions.

America needs illegals to substain, murica boys and girls are in denial sadly lol.
Why not legal migrant workers? President Trump has proposed increasing the number of work visas given to agricultural workers to make up for the reduction in illegal workers. Are you opposed to that proposal?

It appears you support President Trump's proposal to increase the allocation of visas to migrant agricultural workers.

100%. As long as the process is efficient and relatively painless. Im not a partisan hack like others.

I've thought this way for a long time. One of the very small comforts I had when Trump was elected was the thought of us being able to tear down his wall at some point in the future. But at this point it doesn't seem like Trump really cares to build his wall and it was just an empty campaign promise. If it does get built I will look forward to it getting torn down but I don't think it's a matter of shrugging and excepting that it will be build just because we can tear it down.

I don’t see why you conservatives are crying. Trump is destroying everything the last administration did regardless of the outcome with no complaint from you donkeys. You reap what you sow.

Actually, Trump has destroyed very little of what the previous administration did in cooperation with Congress. No doubt he'd like to, but when Congress and the president act together, the results can be surprisingly firm. The stuff where Obama took the easier and sometimes less constitutional path of executive orders is mainly what he is undoing.

As far as DACA for the wall, I think some sort of compromise on those lines is necessary and good. When either side insists that they get everything they want while giving nothing to the other side, our system doesn't work well. The American system has always been predicated on compromise.

As far as DACA for the wall, I think some sort of compromise on those lines is necessary and good. When either side insists that they get everything they want while giving nothing to the other side, our system doesn't work well. The American system has always been predicated on compromise.
But Trump ended DACA and created the need for a compromise in the first place...

But Trump ended DACA and created the need for a compromise in the first place...
There has been a need to compromise on immigration reform for decades. Not everything is about Trump.

There has been a need to compromise on immigration reform for decades. Not everything is about Trump.
The ending of DACA is explicitly about Trump because he's the one who did it. The topic here is specifically about DACA vs a border wall (which Trump wants), so it seems like this is about him.

The ending of DACA is explicitly about Trump because he's the one who did it. The topic here is specifically about DACA vs a border wall (which Trump wants), so it seems like this is about him.

I'd rather have kept DACA and have a wall. Trump put forward a compromise offer more or less to that effect. It was rejected.

I was praising him for that attempt to compromise. You are saying he create the need for compromise, which is not true.

I'd rather have kept DACA and have a wall. Trump put forward a compromise offer more or less to that effect. It was rejected.

I was praising him for that attempt to compromise. You are saying he create the need for compromise, which is not true.
We had DACA in place and no wall before Trump. Now we have neither and are trying to find a compromise. How is it not him that forced this dilemma? Furthermore I don't really see how we keep DACA and you get a wall is much of a compromise at all.

We had DACA in place and no wall before Trump. Now we have neither and are trying to find a compromise. How is it not him that forced this dilemma? Furthermore I don't really see how we keep DACA and you get a wall is much of a compromise at all.

Dems want DACA. Trump is able to easily get rid of it since it was just an executive order and not a congressional measure. Trump wants a wall but Congress won't give it to him. So he offers one for the other.

That's how deal making works, right?

Dems want DACA. Trump is able to easily get rid of it since it was just an executive order and not a congressional measure. Trump wants a wall but Congress won't give it to him. So he offers one for the other.

That's how deal making works, right?
But Trump has said he wants Daca too lol.

Why not legal migrant workers? President Trump has proposed increasing the number of work visas given to agricultural workers to make up for the reduction in illegal workers. Are you opposed to that proposal?

No.

But Trump has said he wants Daca too lol.
It's pretty simple. He wants DACA and the wall. If Dems would let Trump have the wall, they'd get DACA. In fact, iirc Trump was offering not just DACA but a large expansion of DACA. This kind of deal-making and compromise is integral to our system.

It's pretty simple. He wants DACA and the wall. If Dems would let Trump have the wall, they'd get DACA. In fact, iirc Trump was offering not just DACA but a large expansion of DACA. This kind of deal-making and compromise is integral to our system.
Well that’s a whole different argument . Personally I’d be very disappointed if we caved and gave him his wall. Republicans have the White House and the senate and the house. Trump made this issue by ending daca and I think republicans need to figure it out. Not sure why democrats should be complicit in the building of a wall.

Ill bet at 100 an hour you could easily keep americans in the fields all day.

100HR is unrealistic, now you're being silly. How much a hour would you take you to work the fields?

Definitely a weird statement that would make absolutely no sense at all. I recognized the tremendous cost that deporting every illegal in this country is to great and feel stronger immigration reform and a pathway for those already here is the best solution. If the democrats were to allow the wall now, there should be no excuse in tearing it down later.

Tear down the potential new wall?

Wonder what he thinks about the current wall?

100HR is unrealistic, now you're being silly. How much a hour would you take you to work the fields?

Probably 50 or 60. Im an electritian so i get paid pretty well already.

Realistically the market would set a price even people like me would go work a field. And realistically it would become largely automated once farmers had to follow the law

Back