House Democrat: I Would Trade the Wall for a DACA Bill— We Can Tear It Down in a Couple of Years

Not necessarily but you'll see it that way because you want to.

Edit.
Let me clarify. Yes proclaiming a false narrative is wrong.

I'm not really convinced that is what is happening here.

That's a possibility.

However, there is an unmistakable double standard at work here. Many posters, mainstream media talking heads and Democrat politicians make broad positive statements about the group of DACA recipients (e.g., "these are A+ students, serving in our military, doctors...") yet recoil in disgust in the rare event that a broad negative statement is made (e.g., "these are murderers, rapists and human traffickers").

The group of DACA recipients is large enough that doctors and criminals both can be found among them, yet the types of reaction to each statement diverges wildly.

That's a possibility.

However, there is an unmistakable double standard at work here. Many posters, mainstream media talking heads and Democrat politicians make broad positive statements about the group of DACA recipients (e.g., "these are A+ students, serving in our military, doctors...") yet recoil in disgust in the rare event that a broad negative statement is made (e.g., "these are murderers, rapists and human traffickers").

The group of DACA recipients is large enough that doctors and criminals both can be found among them, yet the types of reaction to each statement diverges wildly.

Compare the numbers of murders and criminals under daca to children and I think you'll see a very huge difference . 30% is not a small number

Compare the numbers of murders and criminals under daca to children and I think you'll see a very huge difference . 30% is not a small number
Sure, I agree with that. But it's not a response to the point I made.

Sure, I agree with that. But it's not a response to the point I made.
Well I guess I don't understand.
But I would imagine that they don't spend so much time on the crime rate because its so low.
I don't put any weight into tweets so that probably didn't help me see your point.

Well I guess I don't understand.
But I would imagine that they don't spend so much time on the crime rate because its so low.
I don't put any weight into tweets so that probably didn't help me see your point.

It was a point about media/politician portrayals of the immigration issue.

The mainstream national media outlets (NYT, WaPo, CNN) consistently publish front page "sob stories" about immigrants who deserve our sympathy. However, these outlets almost never run stories about the thousands of cases of illegal immigrants committing heinous crimes.

Focusing on DACA only: in the very short history of the DACA program, literally thousands of DACA recipients have been ejected from the program for committing felonies including human trafficking, rape and murder. Have you ever read a New York Times story about these cases? I haven't and I seriously doubt such stories have ever been run.

Last edited:
It was a point about media/politician portrayals of the immigration issue.

I am not sure if you read the mainstream outlets (NYT, WaPo, CNN) and I don't blame you if you don't. These outlets consistently publish front page "sob stories" about immigrants who deserve our sympathy. It is reasonable to think that these stories are intended to influence national policy. However, these outlets almost never run stories about the thousands of cases of illegal immigrants committing heinous crimes.

Focusing on DACA only: in the very short history of the DACA program, literally thousands of DACA recipients have been ejected from the program for committing felonies including human trafficking, rape and murder. Have you ever read a New York Times story about these cases? I haven't and I seriously doubt such stories have ever been run.
Sources please on where you are getting these numbers from.

What is with the obsession with Democrats and south Americans and muslims.

So strange

Can't get a woman here so they have to import them via a green card. Once they are all able to convert to Islam they can beat the ones who want to leave them afterwards.

not sure what is funnier, her thinking democrats are going to be in any position to get rid of the wall or that we actually care what she is saying

Sources please on where you are getting these numbers from.

The source is the US Citizenship and Immigration Service. As of August 2017, 2,139 DACA recipients have been removed from the DACA program for committing serious crimes.

The numbers on revocations and terminations:
  • 2013 -- 56.
  • 2014 -- 153.
  • 2015 -- 460.
  • 2016 -- 848.
  • 2017 -- 622.
  • Total -- 2,139.
According to USCIS, "Most DACA terminations were based on the following infractions (not ranked): alien smuggling, assaultive offenses, domestic violence, drug offenses, DUI, larceny and thefts, criminal trespass and burglary, sexual offenses with minors, other sex offenses and weapons offenses."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...edom-for-crimes-gang-violence/article/2632820

Last edited:
The source is the US Citizenship and Immigration Service. As of August 2017, 2,139 DACA recipients have been removed from the DACA program for committing serious crimes.

The numbers on revocations and terminations:
  • 2013 -- 56.
  • 2014 -- 153.
  • 2015 -- 460.
  • 2016 -- 848.
  • 2017 -- 622.
  • Total -- 2,139.
According to USCIS, "Most DACA terminations were based on the following infractions (not ranked): alien smuggling, assaultive offenses, domestic violence, drug offenses, DUI, larceny and thefts, criminal trespass and burglary, sexual offenses with minors, other sex offenses and weapons offenses."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...edom-for-crimes-gang-violence/article/2632820
Sorry but I don't see the problem still 2000 out of 900000 is a very small numbetthats why its not reported as much. If it were reported more it would be over reporting .
Secondly, your term " heinous" shows your bias. The fact is you don't know the nature of the crimes so you saying "heinous" is nothing more than fear mongering.
Secondly when reporting success stories such as doctors and it getting more light. Well that's just economics viewers and readers tube in to stories they like, but on another note a doctor or something similar is a success story for us all not just the immigrants.
Also how you represent your argument is much different than the senators?
You use hyperbole to try and sway your audience i.e. "heinous" , use of the word thousands because its vague and sounds big but is technically true by just barely making the threshold for "thousands".

Once again if the rate isn't higher than the native population there isn't much to report. It just gets tossed up to human nature. And you know media outlets especially the main ones still have to have credibility reporting easily debunked fear mongering stories helps you lose that.

Whats the big surprise?
Thats the real Trump Legacy: Deals and agreements are not worth the ink they are written with, and you can comfortably assume they are to be torn apart immediately as soon as the next administration comes along .

Sorry but I don't see the problem still 2000 out of 900000 is a very small numbetthats why its not reported as much. If it were reported more it would be over reporting .

Currently, There are approximately 690,000 DACA enrollees, not 900,000. Source

2,139 (DACA revocations/terminations) / 690,000 (DACA enrollees) = .31%

Thus, approximately .31% of DACA enrollees have had their DACA status revoked or terminated due to criminal behavior.

I agree with you that's a low percentage, and I never claimed otherwise. Now I will show where I disagree with you. Multiple mainstream media outlets including The Atlantic , Washington Post, Forbes, US News and World Report, and CBS have published content discussing the supposed negative effect that Trump's ending of the DACA program will have on DACA recipients who are doctors or will become doctors and, by extension, the harmful effect on patients.

In your estimation, what percentage of DACA recipients are studying to become doctors?

According to the Forbes article linked to above, that number is 178 people. It's fair to estimate that the number of DACA recipients who have already graduated from medical school and at least started a residency is extremely low---probably under 50---but I'll be generous. Let's double 178:

356 (approximate number of DACA recipients who are studying to become a doctor or who have at least started a residency program) / 690,000 (DACA enrollees) = .052%

In summary, the mainstream national media has given zero attention to the fact that over 2,000 DACA recipients have been removed from the DACA program for committing felonies which include sexual offenses with minors and other violent offenses, while at least five major media outlets have covered the negative effect of terminating DACA on the less than 400 DACA recipients who are doctors or are on the path to becoming doctors. That's a significant double standard, and it's only one of many.

Secondly, your term " heinous" shows your bias. The fact is you don't know the nature of the crimes so you saying "heinous" is nothing more than fear mongering.

My use of the term "heinous" does not indicate bias.

If you check my post again, you will see that I did not refer to heinous crimes committed by DACA recipients. I used the word "heinous" with regard to some of the crimes committed by the group of all illegal immigrants. For reference, here is what I wrote:

these outlets almost never run stories about the thousands of cases of illegal immigrants committing heinous crimes.

If you're contesting that illegal immigrants in the US have committed heinous crimes in recent years, please consider a very small sample from the past two years:

1. Undocumented babysitter keeps malnourished 3-year-old in closet covered in feces, bound with duct tape with head in trash bag, offered her to stranger for sex Source
  2. Undocumented man accused of sexually assaulting 3-year-old girl Source
  3. Man faces deportation after sexually assaulting a 6-year-old girl Source
  4. Undocumented soccer coach accused of molesting eight of his underage male players Source
  5. Undocumented man charged with repeated sexual assault and impregnation of his 15-year-old stepdaughter Source
  6. Undocumented MS-13 pimp and his undocumented associates carried out baseball bat beating of a 15-year-old sex-trafficked girl Source
  7. Five undocumented MS-13 gang members beat a 21-year-old to death Source

Do these crimes not raise to the level of "heinous" by your definition?

If you're only claiming that DACA recipients haven't committed thousands of heinous crimes---I haven't claimed otherwise. That said, DACA recipients have committed some heinous crimes and I will be happy to provide you relevant links if you are interested.

Last edited:
Once again if the rate isn't higher than the native population there isn't much to report. It just gets tossed up to human nature. And you know media outlets especially the main ones still have to have credibility reporting easily debunked fear mongering stories helps you lose that.

There are no quality data sets comparing crime rates among illegal immigrants and the native population.

Which "easily debunked fear mongering stories" are you referring to?

I don’t see why you conservatives are crying. Trump is destroying everything the last administration did regardless of the outcome with no complaint from you donkeys. You reap what you sow.
Why the negativity? Do two wrongs make a right?

Back