House Democrat: I Would Trade the Wall for a DACA Bill— We Can Tear It Down in a Couple of Years

I don’t see why you conservatives are crying. Trump is destroying everything the last administration did regardless of the outcome with no complaint from you donkeys. You reap what you sow.

He basically confirmed that Iran gets to keep billions of dollars for nothing by destroy the nuclear deal yet none of you complained. Instead of building on the original agreement which would had been the prudent thing to do and would had meant the billions agreed to in the agreement would had at least Meant for something.

Trumpsters be like:

<{danawhoah}>

The rest of us:

<{anton}>

You could say the same shit for Obamacare. Build on it. Address/control the rising cost of prescribed medicine and hospital bills that affect insurance as well, etc.. which Obamacare doesn’t address (and isn’t suppose to). But noooo let me argue against it because it’s nicknamed Obamacare...

Why do I think that or why do they want to? Why I think that is pretty damn clear. There are sanctuary cities all over the country, California is an entire sanctuary state, deportation is criminals is intellionally obstructed, Keith Ellison was just prancing around in a "no creo en fronteras" shirt, and this thread is about a democrat saying she'll spend billions on a border wall just to tear it down and open the border back up as long as current illegals can stay. The reason is because their ideas are so shit they have to import 3rd world voters to win.

So illegals dont benefit America at all ? They 're a big part of America's growth economy wise for the past 100yrs.

Dog whistle to open borders idiots.
I don’t see why you conservatives are crying. Trump is destroying everything the last administration did regardless of the outcome with no complaint from you donkeys. You reap what you sow.

He basically confirmed that Iran gets to keep billions of dollars for nothing by destroy the nuclear deal yet none of you complained. Instead of building on the original agreement which would had been the prudent thing to do and would had meant the billions agreed to in the agreement would had at least Meant for something.

Do you think it's a good idea for the next administration to tear down the border wall, assuming it is built?

Wow, this asshole wants to wait until a president is out of office and then mindlessly reverse everything they did purely out of spite. Where on earth did he get an idea like that?

Personally I'd just stop maintaining the wall and dig tunnels through it every kilometre or so. That'd be much cheaper than demoing the whole thing.

So illegals dont benefit America at all ? They 're a big part of America's growth economy wise for the past 100yrs.

We can bring in all we want or need legally. We don't need uncontrolled illegals.

In fact we already bring in plenty and could green card and control any more we need and want to work here.

I dont see Democrats tearing down Bill Clinton's waffle fence, so it's probably exploratory talking point.

If the wall does get built in its dreamed up form of a concrete monolith, it will eventually become a symbol for something America is not proud of and come down like the Berlin wall with all the same fanfare. Maybe not the next administration but certainly in less than 40 years.

If it's just a fence like already exists along portions of the border, it is similarly likely to have the same fate as current border fences. It'll stick around a while.

Nationalism is so dumb. People with small brains only think this way. Murica, derp derp.

Sorry I don’t support illegally hiring people for less than the minimum wage to drive labor costs down for all in unskilled positions

Sorry I don’t support illegally hiring people for less than the minimum wage to drive labor costs down for all in unskilled positions

You also won’t want to pay $5 a lb for strawberries or other Ag food.

Do you support lazy Americans who won't do jobs illegals will at a decent wage?

A teammate I know from class said that he and his father hired Americans to pick vegetables in the fields at $17 hour when they were short workers when illegals stop coming to AZ due to borders tighting up.

He said that NONE of born citizens lasted more than 2weeks.

He couldn't believe it himself and now understands that when media or murica type people say that Americans will do the job at decent wage, he knows its a straight lie.

America needs illegals to substain, murica boys and girls are in denial sadly lol.

You also won’t want to pay $5 a lb for strawberries or other Ag food.

So you’re saying we need a permanent far below living wage underclass to support our own current existing ways? And that they should be minoroties? That sounds like something awfully familiar....

Dems wanting $15/hour and at the same time wanting illegal immigrants in our country to work for under the existing 7.5/hour is such a load of hypocrisy I have severe trouble understanding it

Do you support lazy Americans who won't do jobs illegals will at a decent wage?

A teammate I know from class said that he and his father hired Americans to pick vegetables in the fields at $17 hour when they were short workers when illegals stop coming to AZ due to borders tighting up.

He said that NONE of born citizens lasted more than 2weeks.

He couldn't believe it himself and now understands that when media or murica type people say that Americans will do the job at decent wage, he knows its a straight lie.

America needs illegals to substain, murica boys and girls are in denial sadly lol.

1) I call bullshit on the $17/hour as everyone else is in here saying we need them to work for cheap so that grocery store prices stay down

2) if the working conditions are so bad people are walking away from an unskilled (no formal education or liscenses needed) job that pay 17 per hour perhaps agriculture workers should look to unionize to improve that very poor situation

Ya’ll are turning me into a 90s workers rights Democrat in this thread with me actually supporting not undermining the minimum wage and unions to improve unfair conditions

1) I call bullshit on the $17/hour as everyone else is in here saying we need them to work for cheap so that grocery store prices stay down

2) if the working conditions are so bad people are walking away from an unskilled (no formal education or liscenses needed) job that pay 17 per hour perhaps agriculture workers should look to unionize to improve that very poor situation

Ya’ll are turning me into a 90s workers rights Democrat in this thread with me actually supporting not undermining the minimum wage and unions to improve unfair conditions

So you don't believe that they needed to pay $17 to have the fields picked or they would lose thousands for lost crops... I don't believe he would lie about his and his father Business struggles.

I think $17 is fair for no skills at all and straight Labor. You can't really improve work enviourments in AZ to much. It's hot as hell out here.

You need to come to terms that alot of Americans won't do jobs no matter what.. they say it's $ issues, then they'll say it's not what they envision themselves doing. Then you have Americans think the job is below them.

You can stay blind and keep making excuses for them.

Edit. Wrong thread

So basically the same way republicans want to tear everything down

SS, healthcare, medicare, environmental and financial regulations. Unless you don’t think money was invested in those things either.

Stupid comment from this lady just like it’s stupid when the republicans try and do the same

The purpose of the wall is symbolic. No one thinks it would actually provide any concrete benefits.

Right. No one. Except a large percentage of the people who actually work at the border.

• In a survey conducted by the National Border Patrol Council, the agents’ union, they overwhelmingly supported adding a “wall system” in strategic locations, embracing President Trump’s argument that it will boost their ability to nab or deter would-be illegal immigrants. Source
  • Building more border walls would help funnel drug smugglers over to where agents can catch or stop them, the chief of the Border Patrol agents’ labor union testified to Congress on Thursday...
    Brandon Judd, president of the National Border Patrol Council, also said a wall is better than fencing because it’s too easy to breach the fence with torches, cutting holes that smugglers can pass their loads through.

“I have a brother who’s also a Border Patrol agent, who spent two years and all he did every day is patch holes in a fence,” Mr. Judd recounted in testimony to the House Oversight Committee. “A wall cannot be defeated the way a fence can be defeated.” Source
  • Rodney Scott, US Customs and Border Patrol Chief Agent for the San Diego Sector: "The reason you have a front door with a lock on it is because you believe in walls. If you didn't believe in security---if you believed in open borders, no walls and no impedance---you'd leave your doors open at night. So the concept [of the wall] is solid. There are some areas---for example, right on the border in city environments---I don't want my agents right next to a solid wall that they can't see through. People could lob rocks or molotov cocktails across it. We're being asked what we need and where we need it." Source

Last edited:
So you’re saying we need a permanent far below living wage underclass to support our own current existing ways? And that they should be minoroties? That sounds like something awfully familiar....

Dems wanting $15/hour and at the same time wanting illegal immigrants in our country to work for under the existing 7.5/hour is such a load of hypocrisy I have severe trouble understanding it

It’s much like the gun debate, we’ve gone so long using migrant works to fill jobs that are “underneath” the average American that there is no going back. People hardly buy produce today factoring in migrant workers wages. Imagine how much more prices will increase when you are paying 2X for things from produce to milk etc.

He’s not saying they pay illegals $17/hr, he’s saying that’s the price they would have to pay to hire Americans.

Lastly, where would this labor force come from? Unemployment is at record lows. Other nations like ours who have access to cheap labor use them all of the time when there is a need because historically it’s been shown that these types of jobs are only ever filled due to a vacancy in the regular work force.

It’s much like the gun debate, we’ve gone so long using migrant works to fill jobs that are “underneath” the average American that there is no going back. People hardly buy produce today factoring in migrant workers wages. Imagine how much more prices will increase when you are paying 2X for things from produce to milk etc.

Lastly, where would this labor force come from? Unemployment is at record lows. Other nations like ours who have access to cheap labor use them all of the time when there is a need because historically it’s been shown that these types of jobs are only ever filled due to a vacancy in the regular work force.

It appears you support President Trump's proposal to increase the allocation of visas to migrant agricultural workers.

Back