Hong Kong Kung Fu Inheritor- Power,Speed,Technique

Hello Grappleboxing,

Yes sure I speak Cantonese. I am Hong Kong Local.
You speak Cantonese also?
But I dont know "PinYin".

Yes, I speak Cantonese as well. My family was from Taishan then moved to Hong Kong before moving to the US. I did some Choy Lee Fut before.

Hello MysticNinjaJay,

Thanks for your information and suggestion. It let me understand more.
I saw the video that you posted. Yes , I agree with him. This interview totally telling the point that Kung Fu become not that effective nowadays. That's why I still keep our traditional Kung Fu.
Before I share some insight in the real fight about my style. I would like to tell about why the real Kung Fu is losting.

I think the day is different. In my father generation, when he was a child, Hong Kong was still a rough streets and corruption happened in anywhere including police. So people they learn Kung Fu to protect their family and group into different community. They almost fight everyday and can be anywhere with weapons. I can tell more about my father's story and fighting story if you were feeling interested. It was really like a movie and it also reflected the old Hong Kong difficult time. He was very famous.
Back to the topic, nowadays, Hong Kong is a commerical City. A safe city, people they wont fight on the street and they dont need Kung Fu to protect themself anymore. Even they like it, They wont have time to train that much to build up their power. Because they need to work 9-12 hours everyday, some people they work more hour than that.

So that's what the interview video saying. Kung Fu is not effective. Becasue today, people learn the form, but they dont do the sparring and they dont have street fight experience. The purpose is different from the old generation.

That's what I am keeping in my style. Sparring , real fight, flexibel , it is the purpose of Kung Fu. Not only the form. If only train the form, sure it wont become flexible and it wont be effective.
I am thinking to shoot a new video for the street fight. To show how my Kung Fu can use in a real situation and in differetn situation. But it is summer time in Hong kong. I will shoot it in October, the weather will be nice at that time.

I already typing too long in this post. Let me share my Kung Fu insight in real fight in next reply.
Thank you.

Good Health.

Thank you for the reply.

A video of a sparring match or real street fight would be helpful in showing people how good traditional Kung Fu is.

Back