Holy Crap DC is BIGGGGG

They didn't fire Goldberg and Hardy ~ DC just ate them :eek:

I believe in his prime he coulda been goat. Around the time he took out Barnett, DC was a tank. Then he just stopped training as hard or something cause he started coming in much more chubby and slow and stopped using wrestling and started striking more. Still, he beats Jones in 1st fight without picos.

Yeah its crazy to watch him at LHW and how huge he is now. I hope he can stay healthy.

Got to be tough though to be training with fights booked,and not having to fight ever again.
I'm a little shocked that at HW he didn't just max out.

It happens with some athletes who just like to eat. They get away with it through their career due to the sheer amount of work they put in on a day to day basis being big eaters. But when the career ends. The works stops or greatly reduces, but the love for the eat is still there. A number of athletes over the years have had it happen. Shaq, Barkley, Tony Gwynn, Rulon Gardener etc etc. It'll be on Daniel to face that or some point and correct it or it will indeed prove very problematic for him down the line.

Just youtubed him in college out of interest, doesn't even look like the same guy structure wise.

DC was lean and muscled at 186lbs as a 5th year senior in college.

He has the frame of an average sized middleweight and a small light heavyweight. For heavyweight he's extremely undersized, but that is how low quality the upper weight divisions are.

In the lower weight divisions you simply cannot be undersized because the average age, athleticism and skill level is too high. 205/265 is paper thin and the average age is higher and average skill much lower. We still have one dimensional heavyweights with winning records in major UFC fights.

The pay is 12k to get your head punched in at the highest level of the sport. Until that changes, you aren't going to see young talented guys in the upper weight divisions. The risk vs reward is totally out of balance.

I dont know how you can train MMA/UFC at a professional level eg 3+ workouts a day plus S&C and still be plump or soft like DC.

His diet must be terrible.

Back