Holiday 2023 spending (Up ? Down ? Same ?)

560ti

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Curious on how your 2023 holiday spending is looking for this winter. Had this discussion with a few co-workers. Stuff like parties, trips, presents, black friday/cyber monday.

Mortage applications are at a 23-year low, credit card debt is at an all-time high and year over year credit card debit increase is highest since 1999. Average car payment is over $700 and 92% of adults have said they have cut spending the last 6 months. Bar and Spas in my area are all struggling badly the last 2-3 months, nobody has extra money to spend. Even the high-end hair salons are telling me that people are coming in more for basic cuts instead of dropping hundreds on fancy styling and highlighting.

What's the verdict sherdog, laying low this holiday or are you living it up ?

Same as usual.

Sheik%2Bthrowing%2BMoney.gif

On my side of the family all the adults got together and agreed to not buy presents for other adults.

We'd still buy presents for all the kids. Nieces, nephews, grandkids, etc. but once they became adults then no more presents.

It worked well because it was a big family and all the adults were going broke every year buying for everyone. They'd much rather not get a present than have their holiday ruined by stressing over how much debt they were going into.

On my side of the family all the adults got together and agreed to not buy presents for other adults.

We'd still buy presents for all the kids. Nieces, nephews, grandkids, etc. but once they became adults then no more presents.

It worked well because it was a big family and all the adults were going broke every year buying for everyone. They'd much rather not get a present than have their holiday ruined by stressing over how much debt they were going into.
Same. We all agreed this year no presents for adults. It adds up !

Probably the same in theory. Although prices are up so so my food bill will probably be double

I have a close nuclear family. I love the holidays and I just give them cash, they have everything anyways.

Gonna be low budget for me.
I am extremely limited work wise and have been for a while as I deal with a nighhtmare shoulder injury.

I'll be in a sling for Xmas this year after major surgery December 19th.

Yeah. Id go broke for the fam. I love the vibes, music, film, everyone is getting dough though

Back