Hocky's Log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, why be like everyone else and comment on your squats. Lookin' real thick, Cratos. Especially in the thighs.

Me likey.

What kind of shoes are those? Looked like black chucks, but I was under the impression you squat in sambas.

Meh, why be like everyone else and comment on your squats. Lookin' real thick, Cratos. Especially in the thighs.

Me likey.

Lol thanks.

My girlfriend actually told me I looked skinnier, the other day. Doesn't she know better? feelsbadman.jpg haha.

What kind of shoes are those? Looked like black chucks, but I was under the impression you squat in sambas.

Old, tore up Chucks with the insoles ripped out. Had them since day 1.

Nice squatting.

I've recently started doing DB/crossover flies and it seems like they make my bad shoulder feel better, as well.

Thanks.

I've been doing a ton of cable rear delt stuff, as well as trying to be more diligent with stretching my pecs.

Tight pecs/shoulders fucks up everything. Bench, squat, etc.

I don't do any rear-delt flies, but I do a lot of face pulls and band pull-aparts. Lately I've also introduced prone Y's.

I've been doing a lot more of those plus the db/crossover flies lately and my shoulders have been feeling better than ever. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not.

The cable rear delt movement I do is exactly like a band pull apart, just with weight and it's unilateral, which I like.

Is it just like typical rear-delt crossover flies (like this) only with one arm instead of two?

I put the cable arms down to shoulder height, and I don't use handles. I just grab the black stoppers at the end of the cable.

I do both arms, like she does. I just really like each cable having its own weight stack.

*takes notes because right shoulder has been bad again lately*

Maybe common sense (or not so common), but how do you know if your pecs are tight?

/in b4 because they feel tight.

Edit: eh fuck it, I'll try stretching my pecs and doing some more rear delt work and some cross-overs. Thanks, chaps.

Pretty much.

I bench 3x/week, so I have a pretty good gauge of when things feel good and when they feel not so good.

Also, my squat grip is always index finger on the rings, so I can tell as soon as I try to get under the bar if everything is too tight. It makes it hard to get my upper back as tight as I want and can lead to my chest/upper back collapsing in on tough reps.

After benching 3x/week for almost a year, I don't know how I'm just discovering that flys make my pecs and shoulders feel way better.

Aren't flys like an internal shoulder rotation? might explain why your shoulders feel good from them. I may be way off though.

Last edited:
I dunno lol. They stretch the titties.

dumbbell-fly.jpg

Bench Press:

170x6
205x5
240x3x2
275x2
305x1x2
225x10

Flys, Rows, NG Lat Pulldowns, Rear Delts:

Lots.

Notes: Diet has been pretty bad the last couple days. Left shoulder felt fine, but I had pretty bad elbow pain, assumingly from overdoing the flys on Monday. Back to regularly scheduled benching on Friday. CMS-MS Prep 1.

Deadlift:

545x1x9

Block Pull:

435x5x3

Bench Press:

170x6
205x5
240x3x2
275x2
305x1
335x1 (10lb PR)
340x1 (15 lb PR)
225x4
260x9,6 (260x3x5)

Rear Delts, etc:

Lots

Notes: This is what can happen when my left shoulder feels good. I felt so shitty on Wednesday, I barely hit 305x1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back