Hocky's Log

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cratos

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
7/28/2009:

Alright, I'm going to start a new log for when I get back home.

Goals:

-Get strong as hell.
-BW to 195-200 lbs.

Current maxes:

-DL: 365 (Good for more, but that's where it stands)
-Bench: N/A
-Squat: 215x5
-Push Press: 155x5

Goals:

-DL: 500
-Bench: 275 (If I can ever get at it)
-Squat: 350
-PP: 225

PRs as of May 22, 2013:

Squat: 520 lbs.
Bench Press:
Deadlift: 600 lbs.

PRs as of June 3, 2013:

Squat: 530 lbs.
Bench Press: 315 lbs
Deadlift: 600 lbs.

Last edited:
First!

Why do you need a new log?

And why the FUCK are you on your computer when you're in the Bahamas?

I don't know. My old log was a symbol of my extreme lack of knowledge and a very weak/frail re-beginning. It was tough for me to motivate myself to start off. The first little while was very hard and discouraging. I'm now at a better base point.

I also want to rework my program to meet my goals.

I figured it would be time for a fresh start.

It's funny, my neck and back have started hurting progressively more since I've been down here and stopped lifting/eating. I really need to keep those two area super strong. Not only because of my past injuries, but also to maintain a certain degree of comfort in day to day life. (...Because of my past injuries).

I like how you somewhat characteristically ignored my questions and opted for a "First" post...Lol

Also, it's getting dark. I don't go out. Actually, I don't really walk anywhere. Not really 100% safe. I've been told/warned that there's a very fine line between better areas and areas where you don't want to go.

I see what you did there...

But seriously. I am actually looking for program help here haha.

I need some new additions.

Add weighted pushups or floor presses on day 1

Add weighted pushups or floor presses on day 1

Alright, will keep that in consideration.

If my gym has gotten a new, good bench, then I will be able to add that back in.

If I stick with a two day program, what about squatting on Day 1, right after my DLs and then again on Day 2?

Day 1
Squat
OHP
Rows

Day 2

Deadlift
RDL

Day 3

Dips
Chins

Sorry, you posted as a I was typing.

There is no place to do dips at my gym.

As it stands now, I'll most likely be looking at a two day program.

*Heads to FAQ*

Then do day 3 at home.

To do chins, use a tree, rafter, or whatever, or buy an Iron Gym for $25 or so.
For dips, just find two sturdy objects. Washer and dryer would work well.

I still have the PMs from when you first helped me and have put this together based on availability/goals.

How does this look?

Day 1:
DL
Squat
Rows
Lat PDs/Pull Ups

Day 3:
Squat
RDL
OHP
Chins

As you said, I may be able to add in a day three at home. I have plenty of trees, as well as scrap metal to work with.

I think I'm still at the stage where I can squat twice a week. I seem to recall someone recommending this for newbs. I thin my squats will progress slower simply due to the load being placed on my back. Maybe I just need bigger traps and then it'll be fine. I guess time will tell.

I'd rather squat before deadlifts, but others may disagree.

Other than that, I like it enough.

How does this look?

Day 1:
DL
Squat
Rows
Lat PDs/Pull Ups

I would put squats first, and replace pulldowns/pullups with some sort of pressing movement.

Day 3:
Squat
RDL
OHP
Chins

asdasd

I would put squats first, and replace pulldowns/pullups with some sort of pressing movement.

But what pressing movement?

He can't do dips or bench. He's already doing OHP. DB Press or push-jerks or something, I suppose...

So, why no lifting until September?

In the Bahamas.

Was going to try and lift while down here, but transportation issues, as well as the gyms down here being insanely expensive led to me just taking the time off.

Question for you guys: If you squat first, won't your legs just be blasted for you DLs?

But what pressing movement?

He can't do dips or bench. He's already doing OHP. DB Press or push-jerks or something, I suppose...

I hope my gym has purchased a new bench. If so, I will for sure start benching again.

What about doing SOHP one day and push press the other? Or is that too similar/repetitive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back