History will not be kind to GSP

trilla

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I know there are many accomplishments that GSP achieved, like being one of best welterweights of all time. But he will never be known to be a fighter that truly ever tested himself. First off, his "return" to MW was one of the most shameful displays of fighting spirit I have ever seen. He shoehorned himself into a stacked division to fight a very suspect Michael Bisping, win the title, and then leave the division in disarray. Second, he ducked Anderson Silva his entire career citing some odd reason or another. And now instead of actually coming back to compete at WW that is stacked with legitimate contenders, he throws garbage challenges around at LIGHTWEIGHT? Absolutely shameful.

When I think of legendary fighters, names that come to mind are Daniel Cormier, Conor McGregor(say what you will, but the guy at least goes out there, takes a big step up in competition and gets his ass kicked with a smile, be it for the money), and hopefully Henry Cejudo. Fighters that realize they are at the top of their game/division and take the next step towards greatness. Something we will NEVER see out of GSP. If he wants money fights, he should stick around long enough to earn it and not expect to cherry pick opponents, especially at a weight class he has no business being in and probably will never make weight for. His track record consists of ducking MW until it was convenient enough for him to not do so and hightailing it from the UFC when he saw how stacked WW was becoming. I hope Dana/WME hold true to their word and not allow his sideshow to derail legit contenders.

When I think of legendary fighters, names that come to mind are Daniel Cormier, Conor McGregor(say what you will, but the guy at least goes out there, takes a big step up in competition and gets his ass kicked with a smile, be it for the money), and hopefully Henry Cejudo. Fighters that realize they are at the top of their game/division and take the next step towards greatness. Something we will NEVER see out of GSP.

Less than 0 / 10

EPIC fail

BrXupxtuQY2LlqygjmIT_kids%20Door%20Swing.gif

You’ll get flamed for this.

But you’re 100% right.

Yeah....got about five sentences in and decided it was stupid and stopped reading

Oh look, another GSP hate thread with the same faulty arguments that others have said. No one should honestly bother with replying trying to educate him, like the others unbiased facts hurts their feelings.

Congratulations, put in all that effort and you thought you came up with some great argument with a bunch of insightful points. But you're wrong. Do not pass go do not collect 200$. Better luck next time

When I think of legendary fighters, names that come to mind are Daniel Cormier, Conor McGregor(say what you will, but the guy at least goes out there, takes a big step up in competition and gets his ass kicked with a smile, be it for the money), and hopefully Henry Cejudo.
LMFAO

Go back to watching wwe

I know there are many accomplishments that GSP achieved, like being one of best welterweights of all time. But he will never be known to be a fighter that truly ever tested himself. First off, his "return" to MW was one of the most shameful displays of fighting spirit I have ever seen. He shoehorned himself into a stacked division to fight a very suspect Michael Bisping, win the title, and then leave the division in disarray. Second, he ducked Anderson Silva his entire career citing some odd reason or another. And now instead of actually coming back to compete at WW that is stacked with legitimate contenders, he throws garbage challenges around at LIGHTWEIGHT? Absolutely shameful.

When I think of legendary fighters, names that come to mind are Daniel Cormier, Conor McGregor(say what you will, but the guy at least goes out there, takes a big step up in competition and gets his ass kicked with a smile, be it for the money), and hopefully Henry Cejudo. Fighters that realize they are at the top of their game/division and take the next step towards greatness. Something we will NEVER see out of GSP. If he wants money fights, he should stick around long enough to earn it and not expect to cherry pick opponents, especially at a weight class he has no business being in and probably will never make weight for. His track record consists of ducking MW until it was convenient enough for him to not do so and hightailing it from the UFC when he saw how stacked WW was becoming. I hope Dana/WME hold true to their word and not allow his sideshow to derail legit contenders.

If those are the names that comes to your mind when it comes to legends, then you are obviously a noob.

GSP is the second greatest fighter of all time after Fedor.

History will remember him for his Role in Captain America: Winter Soldier after the UFC is long gone.

Oh come on man I'm not a fan of the guy but gotta give credit where it's due the man is a fucking legend and will forever be remembered as one

Stopped reading at Conor being a legendary fighter. Promotor yes fighter no.

When I think of legendary fighters, names that come to mind are Daniel Cormier, Conor McGregor and hopefully Henry Cejudo.
Oh you sweet summer child.

In 5 minutes I'll still remember GSP

Can't say the same about this thread

Sounds like a GSP bashing thread.

Made by a yellow belt with no avatar.

Didn't bother reading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back