History will not be kind to GSP

I know there are many accomplishments that GSP achieved, like being one of best welterweights of all time. But he will never be known to be a fighter that truly ever tested himself. First off, his "return" to MW was one of the most shameful displays of fighting spirit I have ever seen. He shoehorned himself into a stacked division to fight a very suspect Michael Bisping, win the title, and then leave the division in disarray. Second, he ducked Anderson Silva his entire career citing some odd reason or another. And now instead of actually coming back to compete at WW that is stacked with legitimate contenders, he throws garbage challenges around at LIGHTWEIGHT? Absolutely shameful.

When I think of legendary fighters, names that come to mind are Daniel Cormier, Conor McGregor(say what you will, but the guy at least goes out there, takes a big step up in competition and gets his ass kicked with a smile, be it for the money), and hopefully Henry Cejudo. Fighters that realize they are at the top of their game/division and take the next step towards greatness. Something we will NEVER see out of GSP. If he wants money fights, he should stick around long enough to earn it and not expect to cherry pick opponents, especially at a weight class he has no business being in and probably will never make weight for. His track record consists of ducking MW until it was convenient enough for him to not do so and hightailing it from the UFC when he saw how stacked WW was becoming. I hope Dana/WME hold true to their word and not allow his sideshow to derail legit contenders.

You were doing well by mentioning Cormier, and then you lost me at Conor, who is one of the biggest ducks in the history of UFC champs. He never defended a single one of his titles, many of which were undeserved fast tracks to the title shots.

Wasteland that shit.

iu

GSP fanboys rely purely on manipulated statistics to preclaim him as GOAT when in reality he doesn't even own the most important records.

GSP ducked the biggest challenge of his career, his entire career. He also retired after getting a gift decision and ducked the guy who ended his aura.

Then to cap it off he scammed the sport by contriving a MW title fight against the barely top 10 MW Bisping and then immediately dropped the title to duck all of the real MW contenders.

GSP is thereby barred from being ranked in the top 5 All Time Greats list.

I know there are many accomplishments that GSP achieved, like being one of best welterweights of all time. But he will never be known to be a fighter that truly ever tested himself. First off, his "return" to MW was one of the most shameful displays of fighting spirit I have ever seen. He shoehorned himself into a stacked division to fight a very suspect Michael Bisping, win the title, and then leave the division in disarray. Second, he ducked Anderson Silva his entire career citing some odd reason or another. And now instead of actually coming back to compete at WW that is stacked with legitimate contenders, he throws garbage challenges around at LIGHTWEIGHT? Absolutely shameful.

When I think of legendary fighters, names that come to mind are Daniel Cormier, Conor McGregor(say what you will, but the guy at least goes out there, takes a big step up in competition and gets his ass kicked with a smile, be it for the money), and hopefully Henry Cejudo. Fighters that realize they are at the top of their game/division and take the next step towards greatness. Something we will NEVER see out of GSP. If he wants money fights, he should stick around long enough to earn it and not expect to cherry pick opponents, especially at a weight class he has no business being in and probably will never make weight for. His track record consists of ducking MW until it was convenient enough for him to not do so and hightailing it from the UFC when he saw how stacked WW was becoming. I hope Dana/WME hold true to their word and not allow his sideshow to derail legit contenders.

I agree, GSP more than anything is the GOAT right now because he has virtually zero competition. When you've got guys moving weight classes and trying to test themselves and with the advancements being made in MMA, time will not be kind to him. He'll be surpassed and by quite the amount of people at that!

It warms my heart to see TS getting besmirched so thoroughly for such a stupid thread.

GSP is clearly in the GOAT discussion and will be for some time. What he did to the WW division was one of the impressive runs in the history of the sport. IMO, he's earned the right to cherry pick whatever the fuck he wants.

Nah.

Guys will think of GSP as the best WW of all time, a top 5 goat, And a guy that had a comeback, And moved up in weight to beat the mw champ.

Guys will think of Bisping as one of the legends, a mw champ with success at LHW too. A truly great fighter that came back against all odds And won and defended the belt, beating some of the best guys ever. A true Cinderellaman.

Guys will think of Conor as one of the greatest fighters ever, a guy that never turned down a fight, And won belts in two weightclasses. A guy that survived 10 rds against A top boxer, And even won some rounds.

Some kids always complain, And don’t understand that this is a job for these guys. Everyone wants money for risking their health And doing their job. People will not remember or care if these guys fought some unknown guys like Romero or Ferguson.

You are 100% correct.

You forget to add the part about how he left the UFC the same month enhanced nsac testing started. Or the mysterious colitis that suddenly disappeared. Or him going 5 years without finishing a single fight. Or him going 10 years without him finishing a fighter in his weight classLOL. Or him and his camp asking Keith Kizer a million questions about what specific drugs they would test for and wanted to know when the tests would occur lol.......not suspect at all.

But try talking logic to the Canadian kool-aid drinking nutlickers, and watch what happens....

Everybody took steroids when he was on steroids so it doesnt matter.

However GSP is a duck.
Hes a goat
Hendricks got the best of him
He has Kobe Bryant/MJ approach to mma
Cherrypicked Bisping

You gotta take them for what he is. To me he's not the best ever.

Daniel Cormier is the GOAT

At least GSP doesn't need sex pills.
To play with you or what?

Last edited:
Preach on guys.

I am labeled as a GSP hater but I just want the sport of mma to be something different than what GSP embodies.

I like a guy to go for a finish instead of play for points when he clearly has an advantage.

I appreciate when a fighter surprises me with taking on a huge challenge rather than fighting for underwhelming snippets of "legacy"

I love the goat fighters that continue to fight, even though they might be a little past their prime.

I wish that people would not be nostalgic about what GSP was pre Matt Serra and see how we had to go through a Lay and Pray era and now a Cherry Picking era that other fighters try to emulate.

MW was one of the best divisions until short notice Bisping got a belt and GSP thought that would be his best chance to prove he is willing to move up in weight once in his carerr.

Why do people still call GSPs win over Hendricks a gift? Have you never watched the fight.

It was close as shit but GSP wasn't gifted the win. GSP won 1/3/5.

I don't even care what you wrote. Your just wrong because.

Oh look, another GSP hate thread with the same faulty arguments that others have said. No one should honestly bother with replying trying to educate him, like the others unbiased facts hurts their feelings.
Prime Silva stiffens Georges. Fact

#freeDozer

GSP is one of the greatest fighters this sport has ever had. I don't care if people found his fights boring or not, when it came down to it the guy always won and that's all that matters. Anyone that disagrees with this is either a troll or a hater, period.

feel the same. gsp kicked himself out of goat contention with the MW shit, at least for me.

have to disagree with the DC and conor part though

ill take a guess you weren't watching ufc back when it was hughes vs gsp? it's cool most fans of ufc are newish for a reason.

the reasons gsp will accept a fight as a rookie, as a champ, as a veteran, and as a RETIRED champ naturally change regardless of what is said. As a retired champ he'll accept if pay is high and he knows he'll win with minimal punishment.

a 50 year old gsp would rape mcgregor. gsp is on a technical level very few fighters, champs even, bother to achieve because of the fulfillment and resulting contentedness money and family brings a prior. being a world champ in sambo or wrestling doesn't mean anything in mma. it's like saying a world champ in boxing could do judo. khabib would also get murdered by 50 yr old gsp. most fighters today are WAY hyped. It's for business...dispensable hyped fighters are easier to control in the market. UFC investors have learned from the past and evolved their business. gsp fought in peak of ufc. silva was on roids gsp made the correct decision in hindsight if you have any rationale.

gsp took a lot of damage against all those top guys. if he's a smart man. he won' take another fight that'll impress anyone too much for sake of his health and the fact he has NOTHING to prove. and he's a smart guy. the best thing that happened to ufc and look how they pain him. learn from this. it matters.

Conor McGregor(say what you will, but the guy at least goes out there, takes a big step up in competition and gets his ass kicked with a smile, be it for the money)

Sorry to be one of those but....

Conor a legendary fighter? Ya...... okay buddy.

Conor? Fuck off with that shit. Eddie Alvarez was even worse than Bisping. Ag least GSP had the decency to vacate the belt and not hold up the divisions.

Back